On our trip, I quipped to my husband that Jackson Hole is the home of the two star hotel with a four star price. This is pretty much the situation you are faced with when trying to find affordable and acceptable lodging in this little tourist-packed city. For the price, and given the situation, the Jackson Hole Lodge was a good choice for us. I was attending a conference and my husband was telecommuting from our room during the day; at night we wandered around trying restaurants, bars, and doing some shopping. The JHL is competitively priced and nicely located within easy walking distance of downtown and the Arts Center where my conference was.
Our queen/suite with a full kitchen was spacious and the decor was well cared for. The kitchen/bathroom amenities were seriously dated, looking as though they were installed in the 1980s but everything was clean and operational.
The staff was very friendly, especially when we checked in and there were no problems whatsoever with our reservation.
There are two things I would point out to would be travelers:
1) If you expect to get much telecommuting done via the complimentary in-room internet, you should know in advance that you will be dealing with 2G speeds all over Jackson Hole, and that is not the fault of the Jackson Hole Lodge.
2) The one bothersome flaw I noticed at the Lodge was a loud, machine-shrieking noise that was emanating from the building across from the one in which our room was located. My husband's theory was that it was the AC air handler. It was the kind of sound a car makes when it has a squeaky belt. The sound came and went, probably as the air handler came on and off. If we had our AC fan on in our room at full blast, it drowned out that squeaky sound; but we needed to have that fan on continuously and that was a small annoyance. Depending on your tolerance for noise, that might be a deal breaker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 3 blocks from the famous Jackson Town Square - the Jackson Hole Lodge offers standard hotel rooms plus 1 and 2 bedroom suites with full kitchens and multiple bathrooms. Within easy walking distance to shopping, museums, restaurants and activities, you will enjoy authentic Western hospitality and the convenience of modern living. Enjoy our new, seasonal, outdoor infinity pool and our year round fire pit and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Jackson Hole Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Jackson Hole Lodge WY