“Bad experience”

National 9 Inn Gillette
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 10 August 2015

This place needs to be condemned!! Checked in on Sun. Aug 2nd. Bunch of people checking in and one person checking them in. And she was slower than hell! After I finally got my room, went up and the room was hot and the air conditioner was not working. I told her to call maintenance and she said OK! About 15 minutes later, I asked her if she had notified Maintenance, and she said not yet. I said well it isn't getting any cooler. Finally some young Lad came up and took the cover off the Thermostat and turned it off. Then he turned it back on and said that should take care of it. Hour later still no cooler and I was getting hotter, and not all from the heat. I told her it still wasn't working, and I was going to eat. I came back to my room about 8:30 and my door was open with no lights. I walked in and there was two guys standing there with all kind of wire sticking out of the wall. They changed the Thermostat, and after rewiring it and putting it back in the wall, he turned the switch and sparks came flying out of the wall. I said I hope the smoke alarm works better that the A/C!!! The air was on, but still not cooling very good. About 15 mins. the maintenance guy came back and said I had three options. I could get a full refund, but would have to leave the motel. (It is now 9:30) or I could get a breakfast voucher, or they could move me to a smoking room!! I took the voucher, but did not sleep very well as I thought the place might start on fire!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Steve E,
We apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay and that your A/C was not working properly. We have gone through your room to repair the A/C so it works properly now. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and we hope that we can earn your business back in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

Very old and outdated, stained , wallpaper old and peeling, the whole place (lobby,restaurant,hallways) reeks of cigarettes. Staff was very nice, however the first day we checked have in the lady running the front desk didn't have a clue about anything(how far was the nearest town,or even what was going on in the bar that night)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear Zoowoman,
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that our staff was not very helpful. Thank you for your feedback so we can continually improve. We appreciate your business and hope that we can earn your business back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

thanks to this hotel and staff for hosting my extra family during my sister's and daughter's weddings. They accommodated my elderly family being on the ground floor, having free hot breakfasts, and putting up with my son's and nephew's parting pranks.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
National9inns, Manager at National 9 Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Teri C,
Thank you for letting us know about your families stay with us. We are glad that we were able accommodate your families needs and that they enjoyed their breakfasts. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Had my reservation wrong and the hotel was full so I had to take a smoking room with no discount offered or given. Staff was friendly and apologetic. The room was smelly and very dated..."70's." The beds were not comfortable and the noise level of the hotel was horrible. The cafe was having electrical issues while we were there preventing customers from getting coffee, soda, or juice. Not really impressed with the hotel or the cafe. The WiFi did not work.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Khanek7,
We apologize for the miscommunication with your reservation and that you weren't able to get the room you wanted. However, we are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and tried to help you the best they could. We appreciate your business very much and we hope that we can earn your business in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Stayed overnight while traveling between Ohio and Washington. Its about what you would expect from a $50.00 a night room. Unfortunately they charged me $80.00. There is a odor that permeates the entire building. Once you get past that....built in the 70's based on the avocado green fixtures in my room. It seems that its popular with the bikers. There were numerous signs about not using the hotel linens to clean motorcycles and boots. There is an outdoor pool that was nice, and there was a free breakfast at the restaurant next door. Also the wifi was not very fast.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Dear Robb L,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pool and your breakfast in the restaurant. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again soon.