“Excellent stay for the money and location.”
Review of Motel 6 Gillette

Motel 6 Gillette
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed 24 October 2015

The rate was under $60 with no pet fee and our AARP discount. We were in transit so the location off the interstate was perfect. The room and its bathroom were perfect in most respects; even had a microwave and refrigerator which is something our last LaQuinta room did not provide. We were treated well and would stay here again. This was our second visit.

Room Tip: Take your own sheets and pillowcases to make your motel bed. Cuts down on the negative surprises.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
manager4098, Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

Thank you for your review of motel 6 Gillette , We are always pet friendly up to two small pets After all they are part of the family . and now newly renovated inside and out . Hope to see you on your next trip through Gillette wy . Thank you , Rich Allison G.M.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Very Nice Staff. It's a bit dated but clean, with the exception of the lobby and hallway/stairway carpets which looked to be very old and dirty. The price was great as I was solo and just needed a bed to crash while passing through.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kyle T
manager4098, General Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you for the review we will share it with our staff and continue to try and make every stay better than the last .

Reviewed 28 August 2015

*** I made a reservation on Expedia for my friend to stay on 8/9 due to some miscommunication, and my friend checked in on 8/8 and paid by himself. Few days later, I called in to ask if I could get refund for the reservation I made. I talked to RICH, who claimed to be the MANAGER, who did not even know how to locate what credit card we used for each reservation. When I asked, "what credit card ending number we used for each reservation?" He then said that he could not know, coz he must pull out the records to find out, and this must take few days to get back to me. Where in the world in any hotel that you cannot pull any reservation out and see what credit card we used to hold the reservation. If you are in a third country, I would understand. I am in the hotel industry too, so I understand this matter.

*** I asked for the refund, coz my friend did not stay on 8/9 night, RICH said no, he can't, coz we did not cancel in time, then he hung up on me. Same as today 8/19, I called & asked to talk to the hotel manager, Rich picked up the phone & asked, "what matter? I said, "about guest charges". Then he put me on hold without asking if I agreed. Waiting for few second, he did not just get back to me or connect me to the hotel manager, he hung up on me again. I called back right after that, he did not pick up the phone, as he might recognize my number. See how rude & DISRESPECTFUL he was! He does not even know how to do his job, shame for him to be a manager....Not efficient nor professional at all...! If he does that, how can you rely on his subordinates??? I really felt humiliated.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank PrinceofHN
manager4098, General Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

The policy of this motel 6 is to change or cancell guarenteed reservations by six P.M. of the day of arrival or your card will be charged for a no show, as explained during your reservation process. I appologize for any inconviniance you have experianced

Reviewed 22 August 2015

Yes this is an old Motel 6. There are a few upgrades, new sink and floor tile, but the rooms are musty smelling and sheets are threadbare, the blankets are old and full of holes. Unfortunately we booked and paid online and arrived late, so will spend the night, but never again.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Stayed here unfortunately after staying in a fabulous hhotel the night before that was 10 times the experience, hasd a King Suite for only $20.00 more a night so very disappinted with this experience, would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Lee,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rate policies and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with the experience you describe we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.