“Fantastic food”
Review of The Local

The Local
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Cody
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The food at the local was absolutely amazing! I had the stuffed chicken breast and my daughter had a grilled cheese sandwich. So glad we stopped by to grab dinner there. Our waitress, Effie, was wonderful and made us feel welcomed and comfortable throughout our meal.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We enjoyed our fresh, healthy and creative salads; her soup of the day also delicious...bold coffee, too. Thanks for your good, friendly service 'Eileen'. Limited lunch menu, but recommended.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We ate lunch & dinner at this restaurant. It provides a nice ambiance & service. We enjoyed their soups, salads & scallops. The staff was very friends, prompt & gave us friendly service. Highly recommend this white you're in Cody. Plus it's only 1 block from the main business road.

1  Thank JTbull2015
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

A welcome change from the standard fare we've been finding of meat, burgers, salad and potatoes. More thoughtful menu here. We had flatbread with pulled elk and salad and a pork green chili (which was not at all spicy, despite our server's warning). Both had nice flavour. Good service.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

The food was very disappointing. Much ado about nothing. I watched the cook play with the cash register then go back into the kitchen and slop my food together without washing their hands. I wanted to throw it in the trash when it came to my table. I really didn't eat much of it, lost my appetite. The aioli sauce on my burger was a thin strand, you could tell they were conserving on the portions. I won't go there again.

1  Thank vincentefonisi
thelocal1134, Owner at The Local, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

I'm sorry for your experience at our restaurant. I can assure you our kitchen staff is very diligent about cleanliness. The state health inspector visits us randomly and he always states that we have the cleanest kitchen in Cody. We have "sanitizing dips" at every station; the one for grill and sauté is behind the wall to the left of the kitchen walkthrough, which is out of view from the dining area. Just because you didn't see our chef wash their hands in the sink does not mean they didn't sanitize them. As for our portion sizes, they reflect the work that goes into the food we prepare. All of our food is processed in house, from the pulled chicken and smoked trout to our homemade sauces and salad dressings. We use wholesome, fresh and organic ingredients, the SYSCO truck never stops at our restaurant. If you are looking for a plate piled high with processed food, unfortunately we probably aren't the place for you. If you are looking for respectable portions of fresh, organic food that is really good and good for you that is what we serve our customers.

As for your aioli, did you request more from your server? We would rather send more out than put too much on and have it go to waste as well as compete with the flavor of the food. Again, I apologize you didn't have the experience you wanted when you came into The Local. I have found it's impossible to please everyone, but I believe our rating here on Trip Advisor appropriately reflects what we put into not only our food but also the atmosphere we provide our guests.

Been to The Local? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK