All reviews teton room open fire chuck wagon unique bed and breakfast bunk house other guests every morning place to stay western cowboy stayed longer rocky mountain private bathroom mule deer cody area close to town breakfast was delicious stayed nights
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed 9 nights at the K3 and enjoyed every minute. Because of our long stay my wife and I had the opportunity to stay in the Chuck Wagon room, Rocky Mountain room and the Glamour tent; my parents which are in their 80's stayed in the Teton room the entire time. Our favorite room was the Rocky mountain room, but all the rooms were very nice. Just a 10 minute drive from downtown Cody, we enjoyed the abundance of wildlife and the peace and quiet where the ranch is located. Breakfast is good and plentiful, I had the opportunity to cook omelets on our 8th day, thanks to Jerry for letting me cook a little behind schedule. There is plenty to do in the area, the Buffalo Bill Cody Museum is a must, horse back riding, scenic drives, and good places to eat lunch and dinner in town no matter what type of food you like. The Cody Cattle Company is a fun night out for a good dinner and a show. If you need ideas on what to see or do, Jerry or Bette the owners are full of information to help you along. Thanks to Debbie for behind the scene prep work for breakfast. The last word goes to the owners they are the best people you'll get to know and we very much enjoyed their company. Thanks for a great Vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at Jerry & Bette Kinkade's K3 Ranch for 5 days and we had a great time. Jerry's family dates back to the beginnings of Cody, so rest assured you will receive an authentic Wyoming experience. The ranch's accommodations are fully modern and they provide internet access for their guests which is not advertised. One of the great aspects of staying at the K3 is its proximity to Cody in less than 5-10 minutes depending on how quickly you navigate those gravel roads! Great wildlife viewings, hosting and incredibly nice and efficient staff, thanks to Debbie and Fi. We originally booked K3 for survival training organized by Kirk and Linda Waggoner, Their 3 day class far exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Teton room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

What a great night and morning we had with Jerry at K3 Ranch B&B. The place was spacious, clean and inviting. Jerry is a wonderful host, making breakfast outside, telling jokes and fun stories and made us feel like family. The home was tastefully decorated and intriguing with many Indian and cowboy artifacts. We wish we could have stayed longer! Saw many antelope, deer, rabbits, birds and possibly a bobcat or lynx. I would definitely return to this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chuck wagon bedroom. Great room for families with kids.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked just one night at the K3 Guest Ranch, in the Sheepherder Wagon.

Jerry kindly offered to upgrade us an 'indoor' room as we were the only guests (v early in the season) and there was a storm forecast, but with our hearts set on the wagon we braved the storm and were extremely glad we did. Ok - so the wind whistled and shook the wagon all night, but we were so cozy and snug in there it didn't matter a jot. The neighbouring bathroom was perfect (great towels!).

As we were the only ones we had the communal areas to ourselves in the evening to play cards, although we got easily distracted looking at the collection of Western art/collectibles in the 'Great Room'. We got a tour of all the other rooms from Jerry and there really has been a huge amount of effort to make them all perfect whichever you choose.

It's only a shame we only did one night, breakfast over the open fire with Jerry was a delight, the scenery breathtaking and the tales that kept getting taller...

I'm now working on persuading my family that the 10 000 mile round-trip will be worth it for a reunion in the future, because 1 night has convinced me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was only 8 when I went to k3, but I look back on it as a great vacation. When my dad read the bad reviews to me, I was literally laughing out loud, because the people who wrote them clearly didn't deserve to stay at a great place like k3. That said, my family is the rustic, ecotourist type, and if your looking for a Marriot-type hotel, this isn't it. The k3 is the definition of a bed-and breakfast, and it has such a great family appeal. We visited with me (age 8) my brother (age 6) my two grandparents (not telling their ages) and my parents (ditto) The host, Jerry, is absolutely hilarious, and my parents spent entire afternoons just listening to his stories and talking while me and my 6 year old brother (now 10) ran around the sandstone hills with Jerry's nephew. It's amazing how close to town the ranch is, because you can't see any buildings, and it feels as though you are in the middle of no where. Kids will love the k3, as long as they are "outdoor kids," because there is plenty of endless fields and sandstone dunes to explore and build forts in. I remember chasing rabbits with Jerry's super cute australian shepherd, Buddy, being sent on I "snipe hunt" by Jerry's nephew (a snipe isn't a real animal, don't fall for it), and walking down to the stream where the ranch's two beautiful horses were drinking. All in all, this was an absolutely magical vacation, and I would recommend it to any family I know.
-Molly, age 12