“Forgettable; Awful Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I generally give service a break on a one-time visit, passing it off as one underperforming staff member. This was not the case for our visit. The receptionist was absent, and when she appeared she never looked at us, and headed off to bus tables and take care of other business while we waited to be seated at one of many open tables. During our initial drinks and dinner, we had trouble getting our waitresses attention despite the fact that she had taken a seat at the table next to ours to talk to the older couple about her life plans. Another waitress had to get her attention to let her know that our plates were up, and she continued to talk as she slowly walked toward the kitchen for our food. And the food was average, at best

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

First let me say how sorry I am that this happened. But when the cats away the mice will unfortunately will play. No excuse at for this and I will for sure be speaking with all of my staff and try to find out who it was. As far as the hostess she is young and still in training but still should know better. But I am surprised you said the food is average. I have won several awards for my food and I do ship my salsa and chili sauce all over the U S. But thank you for the review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When we arrived we were told a 10 minute wait, accurate. After standing by the door with only 1 couple leaving, we found 3 empty tables
The bathroom was clean
Waitress was fine
Salsa and chips were great, as were the tacos.
Sadly the house margarita tasted like sour mix with a twist of lime YUCH. The fajita burro tasted like fried in old grease, the shell boiled in oil. I think you can even see it in the photo. I wish I could have given a better review I am being honest

1  Thank caamedic

So sorry you didn't like it. We are known for having great margaritas, not sure what could have happened. We change out our oil two times a week so it is nice and fresh and yes we do fry our taco shells we do not bake them. Sorry you did not like it.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve eaten at Mexican food restaurants all over the country so we have a general idea of what really good Mexican food is. This is not really good Mexican food. At best, I’d rate it average. The place is on the small side but very tidy and clean. None of the workers appeared to be Latino ( not that it matters) and the food seemed to have more of an American flare. Salsa and chips were very good. Service was excellent. I would not eat here again and wouldn’t recommend it unless you really have your heart set on Mexican-ish food.

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

So sorry it wasn't for you. Not that it matters but all my Hispanic workers are in the kitchen. Plus I do say that my food is New Mexico style. I also have cooked and eaten Mexica food all over the US and mine rates right up there. I have won several awards for my food. Again sorry it wasn't for you. Safe travels.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It’s nice to have a place here in Cody with a little southwestern flair. The fish tacos and enchiladas are really good. The margaritas are good as well. Friendly service

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you so much for the nice review. It is nice to see all our hard work pays off.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Excellent food. Spinach enchilada were fabulous. Fried pies a must! Staff was very kind and attentive. You may eat indoors or outdoors. We ate outdoors and enjoyed our lunch much.

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. My staff and I do try very hard to make sure all are happy when they come into Zapata's. We make everything fresh daily and take a lot of pride in our food. Again thank you and safe travels.

Connie

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK