“Not the worst - not the best”

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve eaten at Mexican food restaurants all over the country so we have a general idea of what really good Mexican food is. This is not really good Mexican food. At best, I’d rate it average. The place is on the small side but very tidy and clean. None of the workers appeared to be Latino ( not that it matters) and the food seemed to have more of an American flare. Salsa and chips were very good. Service was excellent. I would not eat here again and wouldn’t recommend it unless you really have your heart set on Mexican-ish food.

Date of visit: September 2018
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

So sorry it wasn't for you. Not that it matters but all my Hispanic workers are in the kitchen. Plus I do say that my food is New Mexico style. I also have cooked and eaten Mexica food all over the US and mine rates right up there. I have won several awards for my food. Again sorry it wasn't for you. Safe travels.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It’s nice to have a place here in Cody with a little southwestern flair. The fish tacos and enchiladas are really good. The margaritas are good as well. Friendly service

Date of visit: September 2018
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you so much for the nice review. It is nice to see all our hard work pays off.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Excellent food. Spinach enchilada were fabulous. Fried pies a must! Staff was very kind and attentive. You may eat indoors or outdoors. We ate outdoors and enjoyed our lunch much.

Date of visit: September 2018
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. My staff and I do try very hard to make sure all are happy when they come into Zapata's. We make everything fresh daily and take a lot of pride in our food. Again thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal good , ate outdoors . We were disappointed with service slow and when request items it needed to be requested a second time .

Date of visit: September 2018
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

So sorry the service was a little slow. I have several new employees not quite into the swing of it yet. Thanks for the info. Hope to see you again sometime

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This visit both wife and I ate the Chicken Chimichanga.. loads of chicken but on dry side as served with little sauce and accompanying salad dressing on side. I ordered additional sauce but waiter did not bring until wife asked for a 2nd time and over 1/2 way eating the meal. Good atmosphere, location, and food but we like another Mexican restaurant found nearby like better.

Date of visit: August 2018

So sorry you didn’t get your sauce on time. I wish I knew which server was so I could let them know to be a little more prompt. Then doing this for 26 years plus I take great pride in the way I cook my food and the way it is served. Make everything fresh from scratch daily. Glad you liked your chimichanga hope to see you again sometime.

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK