All reviews gift shop the holiday inn buffalo bill breakfast is served short walk across the parking lot main strip adjacent building the breakfast area morning staff couple who run room was clean busy season perfect stopover breakfast staff free breakfast within walking distance front desk clerk
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Staff is friendly. You have to walk to a separate building for breakfast but with the decor and the friendly staff it's worth the walk. The room was clean.
My wife and I were in building #2 or the annex behind the main hotel. We had a ground floor room. The outside door to the building was never locked so you really didn't need your card key. A little difficult to get out onto main road from hotel. Making a left against the traffic is tough. Right turn is easier. I thought price for 1 K bed was a little high. They have cabins which if you're not in the main hotel I'd check into regarding price before I booked the hotel. If you have to walk to breakfast the cabins are right next to building #2. There was no microwave or refrigerator in our room if that's something you need. We only had one set of towels for 2 people. Other hotels we have had 4.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Penny G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello Bandman52,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Cody Wyoming. I'm sorry that you had difficulties getting out of the parking lot when trying to leave. This winter we will be remodeling our guest rooms and getting microwave's and refrigerators, we are all excited for that. We do have a limited number of them available to place in guest rooms when they request one, we just don't have one for all of our guest rooms yet. Our sister property the Buffalo Bill Village Cabins are open May - September and are another great option in Cody. I hope that you found a treasure to take home with you from Cody, and that the rest of your trip was great. I do hope you'll consider stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We spent two nights at the property and found it to be clean and comfortable. We lodged in the back building. It's a little awkward if you're driving a large vehicle to park but is not awful.

The breakfast is served in an adjacent building to the Holiday Inn next door. What a nice surprise; the staff was pleasant and the offerings of breakfast were great.

All in all, I think that this property is a winner and would lodge here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Davey1967LV,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In our busy summer months we do serve our free continental breakfast in the Sarsparilla Saloon as our lobby isn't large enough to provide our guests with a comfortable area to eat. I hope that you had a fun time in Cody, and that the rest of your trip was fantastic! We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stay at Choice Hotels all over during our travels. We booked this one for a five day stay while we traveled about and saw sites in the area. We arrived around 8:00 PM and were given a key to a room in building #2. The building was musty smelling and old looking. Our room was also musty smelling and very old looking. It was also very dingy. The bedspread had spots on it and the bathroom floor had hair on it. We had too stay the night but we did check out and find another place to stay for our visit. This is the first Choice Hotel we have stayed at that was not up to standards and we were very disappointed. The attendant was very matter of fact about the whole thing. Not very friendly or helpful. Needless to say this was my birthday and was a real downer for me.

Hello Sunni014,
I'm sorry that your stay with us was not up to our standards and on top of that was a downer for your birthday. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping supervisor, and our front desk team so we can handle situations differently in the future. I do hope that the rest of your time in Cody, and your trip was better for you. I do hope you'll still consider staying with Choice Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Buffalo Bill Village owns and runs the Holiday Inn, the Comfort Inn and the Cabins behind these two hotels. There was a rodeo in town and everything was booked so we ended up in the cabins. WHAT A GREAT HAPPENSTANCE! The cabins are roomy, clean, beautiful and fun! Also the price was great. Easy to get in and out, and nice and quiet. If we go to Cody again we will definately stay in the cabins! You should try it--you will REALLY enjoy it. Fantastically friendly and helpful people too. We stayed in cabin 328 which has a queen bed AND a twin and is near the front of the property. Just a great experience!

Room tip: Get a cabin!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Penny G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hello Dan & Sharon,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with our sister property the Buffalo Bill Village Cabins. If sounds like your stay with them was just what you needed! I have shared your kind comments with them and they also join me in saying Thanks! I hope that the rest of your trip was great, and you created long lasting memories. We hope to see you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

It is simply an average Comfort Inn. But for the price paid and the climate of the area we expected a refridgerator - there was none.
the fact that it did have fire sprinklers in our building was appreciated.

Date of stay: September 2018
Penny G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Buffalo Bill Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hello GreyGrandpa2015,
I'm sorry that your stay wasn't exceptional for you. We do have a limited number of refrigerator's available when guests request them, we just don't have one for all of our guest rooms yet. This winter our guest rooms are being renovated and they will get getting microwave's and refrigerators, we are all very excited for that. We hope you'll consider staying with us again on your next adventure.