“Nice Hotel”

Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Well its right off the highway. There are not too many restaurants walking distance from the Hotel that are any good. It does have a inside pool. Its set up for the kids. The front Desk employee was friendly. The inside seamed a little on the old side. The room was nice. The bed was confrontable(soft). The TV was old. You know the one with a big old box behind it. The picture was not good at all. Come on people get in the 21 century and get a flat screen.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank godfather101
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on your last stay in our hotel. We greatly appreciate your words and are continually working to improve our property. And yes all of our TV's are scheduled to be upgraded to larger flat panel TV's this year. I hope to be able to show you all of our improvements myself on your next stay with us.

Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Laughlin, Nevada
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and son, were traveling thru WY, just outside Casper, towing a car on a dolly, the van blew a tire, on the interstate, during the middle of a snow storm, ending up in the medium. Well, I knew I had a free night with Best Western, so called and talked with Leann. I did not remember my number or password, but she was able to take care of all the details for the room for them. She went way beyond her duties. You should be proud of your employees in a role like that.....Very much impressed.........AGAIN, LEANN, THANK YOU SO VERY MICH FOR ALL YOUR HELP. By the way, son and husband, were not hurt, just two different towings needed to be done........
Again Thanks,
Tonya Flint

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonya F
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear Tonya,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will definitely pass them alon to LeAnn and share them with the rest of our staff. We are very happy that your son and husband are ok and we hope to see you on better circumtances during your next trip to Casper. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife, our college aged children, my in-laws and I have traveled around the world and we have always been treated with respect. We had reservations at the Ramkota for 7 days until Lee Ann, the manager during the day, screamed at my father in-law because he asked her a simple question regarding the room rates. Her inexcusable behavior was witnessed by 10 other guests at the front desk. My father in-law is the nicest gentleman you could ever know and did not deserve this woman's volatile temper. We left after just one night and transferred to a lovely hotel where we were treated with dignity and respect. I wrote a letter to the President of Best Western to let them know of this incident.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank alxs164
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay. I have worked with LeAnn for many years and in fact this is the first negative comment ever made in her direction. I can only assume that there was a miscommunication as neither her nor any of our desk staff can recall an incident but that maybe a joking tone was misperceived. In either case I again do apologize and can only hope you would visit us again on your next trip so that you may see the real Ramkota Hotel.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Casper hotels

Artesia, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We were driving through Wyoming in a pickup truck towing a 20 foot trailer so we needed a place with easy access of and on the Interstate, adequate parking and a restaurant on the property. We booked on line using a cell phone prior to reading the reviews. After reading some of the reviews, all negative, I thought "Oh, no, this place is going to be terrible." But upon arriving we were very pleased.. There was adequate parking for our vehicle, the staff was friendly and our room was nice. We enjoyed the snacks in the lounge and rather than go to the restaurant we decided to eat dinner there. We ordered a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich to share.. It was okay but tasted like they used left over roast beef rather than fresh meat. But then again, it wasn't Philly where the sandwiches are the best, so didn't expect it to be the same quality.. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which is very nice. Our meal and the service was great.. It was off season, and there weren't very many guests so we got great service. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! My feeling is "If you want everything like a 5 star hotel, then you should pay the price and stay in a 5 star hotel, but if you want a nice clean room with reasonable rates, then stay at a hotel that provides that service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jemts43
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your last visit to our area. We truly appreciate your kind words and your patronage. I hope to meet you on your next trip to Casper!

Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This place was originally a Hilton about 30 years ago. I can tell you that over the past 6 years this place was going straight into the toilet. I always had to stay there because that's where my employer always booked me. But in the last year or so this place has really turned it around. They've done a make-over on the rooms, and the front desk is no longer populated by couldn't-give-a-damn methheads. Somebody got in there and cleaned house. Good deal. The restaurant, however, needs the same scrubbing. On my last stay I ordered a breakfast meal without onions, the waitress acknowledged the same, and yet it arrived replete with onions. They pro-rated the check to make me pay for everything else but the main item with onions. I couldn't object because I ate everything else, and fair is fair. I would have sent the plate back as soon as I saw it was contrary to my order, but the only waitress in the joint disappeared after serving me and I was too hungry to go to the kitchen to find her. Never saw her again until she brought me the check. And yes, her tip was appropriate. The same manger that turned the hotel around needs to get into Remington's Restaurant and smoke some people. I know it's hard to get decent employees in Casper who don't have Patch-Trash attitudes or aren't meth-heads. But they turned the hotel around. I'm sure they can do the same with the restaurant. Oh, before I forget, the little lounge there is excellent! Great appetizers and really friendly staff. The hotel is great, the lounge is great, just go somewhere else to eat. Have breakfast at the Parkway, they're the best in Casper.

Room Tip: Have breakfast somewhere else.