“not that great but nice view”
Review of Mexicali Rose

Mexicali Rose
Ranked #77 of 197 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

we were in there friday the 29th for supper first off the guy seemed like he couldnt understand english very well (tall skinny man with blonde hair) we ordered chicken chimichanga and shrimp fajitas, the shrimp came out with still the tails on them husband said something to him about it and he just looked at us and said oh the cook must not know so he had to pick each one off to be able to put it on his tortilla $18.00 for this and not served with any beans or rice my chicken chimichanga $13.00 it was very different the chicken was chunked I never said anything just thought that is how they fix it here we got our bill and there was a $1.49 charge I asked what it was for he said for your chicken I was like what so your chimichangas dont come with chicken you have to pay extra he said no you got a different kind I said I never ordered a different kind I just said chicken chimichanga he says oh I was like really so you just assume and then charge people for it SURPRISE, we left half of the food it wasnt that great I would not recommend it and will never return

Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your visit, Ladybug698. I am very sorry to hear that our food did not meet your expectations. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Restaurant Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Decent prices and the outdoor tables give you a view of the river and the damn. We had the chicken fajitas for two. Food was good and there was plenty. Margaritas were generously sized and tasted good.

Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, Gigi72011. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! I hope your next visit is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Oh my WORD! The BEST margarita, Presidente, that I've had in YEARS!

The lunch steak faijata bowl was VERY good! Lots of meat that was NOT dried out, awesome avocado slices, and just LOVELY!

Yes, go here!

Management response:Responded 23 September 2017

Thanks for your review, KosiKo. So happy to hear you love the margarita and steak fajita bowl. Hopefully we can serve you again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Went here for my birthday and had a great meal, had the mexican fiesta plate and all 3 items were great. Pitcher of margaritas, and free deep fried ice cream for my b-day. Wife and friends meals were also great. Thanks for a great birthday.

Management response:Responded 23 September 2017

We are so happy to hear that we could add to you having a great birthday, djbjconstruction! We are fans of the fiesta plate as well! Hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you and your party again! Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Parking is a little tight, might need to walk.

Good steak fajita! The taco salad was heavy on the meat.

Staff members were all friendly. Nice outside seating. Nothing extraordinary about the place.
RRR

Management response:Responded 23 September 2017

Thanks for leaving us a review, Bob. We appreciate all your feedback - good and bad - because we will use the information to continue to improve our guests' experiences! Hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.