See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Wow, the management of this facility hates their jobs/customers. Gary and his former wife were popping off comments to eachother and very rude in the store. We asked them if we could be moved as our next door neighbors wanted to party and we did not. She said it is not their poilcy to move people and we would have to deal with it. I asked her if there were any additional sites availible she said there were but would not move us. This is the second time we stayed here and the owners were so rude it was almost entertaining. I am done going here, there are several other campground that actually want our business...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Fletch1229Beloit_Wi
Reviewed 28 August 2009

The other reviews on this campground pretty much say it all. Pro's- VERY clean bathrooms, very quite and resectful fellow campers, decent drive back to town, clean camp ground in general, pool, general store, and clubhouse are good, and there seamed to be little to no bugs/pests. Con's- management could be a bit more friendly, Road noise from the highway was exceptionally loud at night from I-90 (since campground was so quite).. we choose to be close to the pool up front (for kids sake)... and it turned out to not be worth it due to the noise... would like to pick spot next time towards rear of campground. There seemed to be a lot of dogs in this campground.. pro for some cons for others (tend to hear barking matches from time to time). and lastly... when reservations were made over phone... management told me only two spots where available to choose from... not true... not even a 1/4 of the tent sites where even used over the weekend???
All in all... not a bad campground... think the positives out weight the cons. Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 1977Genoa_IL
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We chose Stand Rock campground based on a review I read comparing most of the campgrounds in Wisconsin Dells. We were pleased. There were five of us: 2 adults: kids 7, 11, and 13. We were in tents. The bathrooms were impeccable. Definitely the nicest bathrooms I've seen in my campground experience. Medium sized sites. Good pool. Very quiet neighbors. You could hear the Interstate - but based on maps, I'm not sure we could have found a campground that wouldn't.
Hosts were great.

We arrived Sunday ~ 3:00 pm and then went to Noah's ark - recognizing we could get get in free the next day (with coupon). That was a great two hours. Fewer lines than the next day.

Based on Campground recommendation (and they had a coupon as well), we took a Jet Boat tour of the upper Dells. It was very fun. Definitely worth the relatively high price (~80 for the five of us). From what I understand, some of the boats take you to various places where you can disembark and get a better view of the rock and sand formations. This ride was right for us - given the three kids. Those in front (not us) got very wet and we got sprayed. It was good.

Monday we went back to Noah's Ark. As everyone advised, we got there before the 9:00 opening. Very nice place. We had relatively short lines (5-40 minutes) and were impressed with the staff at Noah's ark. Very very customer friendly. About noon we ate some $5.00 hot dogs, horrible pretzels and then decided to take a sun/line break and go to

International Crane Foundation. That was great. Go if you have any inkling. Very informative. Relatively quick (we took the tour, which I recommend).

I think we missed the worst of thesun and crowds at Noah's Ark by choosing to go to the crane Foundation b etween noon and 12. While we didn't realize it, it was very close to everything else. If you're like us - I advise getting to th epark EARLY and then doing something else mid-day. If Cranes aren't your thing - go eat at a restaurant off site. Noah's ark parking is free.

We went back to the park and stayed until closing (7:00). Lines were great 5:00-7:00.

We left the next morning ~9:00 and headed eastward...

Reviewed 27 July 2009

WE stayed at Stand Rock for our family vacation and can't say enough good about the place!. We have small children and appreciate the quiet and cleanliness of the park. The thing that we lpved most about this campground is the safe, secure atmosphere..we were ensured a good night sleep and didn't have to put up with the "rowdy", loud, rude campers that we have expereinced at campgrounds in the past. Everybody knows that an experience like that can totally ruin a vacation. There are plenty other parks in the area that cater to those disrespectul campers and we are so grateful that Stand Rock is not one of them. Management and staff went out of their way to be helpful in any way that they could. Besides that the bathroom/showers are the best I have ever encountered in my travels i speak for my family of 6 that there is no comparison to Stand Rock in the area!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I have stayed at stand rock a few times with my wifes parents, it is a very clean quiet place, however this particular time I had the "pleasure" of meeting Gary one of the owners. I found him to be very unprofessional and not friendly at all. My mother in law was nice enough to pay for the trip so we could all relax. On Saturday morning we were all getting ready to go to Noahs Ark for the day. All was going well until Gary decided to rain on our parade. He pulls up in his golf cart and starts right in on me about how none of the cars have stickers in the windows. At this point he is right and I apologized telling him we all got in late and he should talk to my mother in law, because I didnt know if she had payed yet or not. Well to make a long story short he yelled at me for a good 3 minutes about how people are threatening to do despicable things to his bathrooms, threatened to give me a $400 ticket for not having the sticker in the window, and basically went on a power trip, never giving me a chance to explain the situation. I came to find out that she did pay and the security guard told her to get the stickers the next morning, so basically he was a jerk for no reason, and we never got an apology or anything. Am I impressed with the grounds themselves yes, they are very clean and nicely taken care of. Am I impressed with how the owner handles situations NO, I felt that he handled himself in a very unprofessional manner. Needless to say I will never go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family