“One of the nicest campgrounds we've ever seen - anywhere!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Stand Rock Campground
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stand Rock is a family owned campground that is very well maintained, has nice amenities, is secure and quiet, and has a nice clean pool and beautiful walking trails. There are many seasonal sites here on the two ponds, and people are generally very friendly.

I admit that on a very rare occasion, the owners can be a little abrupt, but that's only when they are extremely busy. They are not rude people and are generally very kind and helpful. Don't let a couple of bad reviews steer you the wrong way. They care about their campground and keep everything up very nicely. We have stayed at other campgrounds that are run down, have gravel roads, rowdy campers and nasty bathrooms. Stand Rock has none of that.

The roads are paved, he bathrooms are modern and clean, they don't tolerate speeding on the roads or rowdy people who ignore the quiet hours. There is a guard on weekend evenings to make sure no one is breaking any rules and to help the people that check in late after the office has closed.

Most of the camp sites are large, which is not the case at some other campgrounds in the area. Sherwood Forest's sites are very close together and feel very claustrophobic to me. I've never felt that way at Stand Rock.

There is a mini golf course (nothing fancy but fun for little kids), a nice pool with sun deck and gazebo, free wi-fi, a nice bar and grill, and their are some games and a pool table in the building. The camp store has the usual basics and you an also get soft serve ice cream and sundaes there.

The owners do other things like free buffet during Badger's games, Taco Thursdays, and other events during the year.

Room Tip: The wilderness tent sites are actually on a 'mesa' with only 3 sites per section. Water/elec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Meli_B4

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just back from another wonderful 4 day long weekend at Standrock Campground. Weather, of course, was phenomenal. The campground was in pristine condition, as always, friendly staff there to assist with just about anything. We have a favorite site now and found it clean, freshly mowed and absolutely up to par. The campground was just about full due to Wo Zha Wa weekend in the Dells, but you'd never have known it. The noise level was way below what you would have thought for a fully packed campground. Restaurant/Bar wonderful!!!!! Great food, internet service (yeah!) Big screen TV to watch the Badger game on. It just doesn't get any better than Standrock Campground. Kudos to the Krahn family to making every trip a memorable one!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Our family has been camping here for 13 years. We started camping at Stand Rock when our boys were 5 and 8. There were a few years when they were teenagers and were busy with other things and were not able to come. When we were planning a family trip this summer they both wanted to come back to their favorite campground! They are now 22 and 19 and are looking forward to our upcoming trip. We have many great memories at this wonderful campground!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula H
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This campground was conveniently located within a couple miles of the dells-away from high prices and a Good Sam discount park. We stayed here for 4 hot days with no problems. The manager was both accomodating and polite upon check-in. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. A security guard walked the grounds after dark. Relatives were able to visit us for the day w/o having to pay a visitor fee. Only drawback was no cable tv but with the dells closeby didn't have any time or energy for tv anyway-so did not miss it. Internet connectivity was a problem and only from outside our motorhome. Very quiet and family oriented campground. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Follow directions carefully as roads/signs not marked well and there is a low clearance underpass (1...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nifty_fifty2000
Reviewed 21 June 2012 via mobile

I called this campground because my family and some of our friends families were looking for a place to camp at in the Dells. Since I was the only one that hasn't camped before I had some questions on what they had to offer. Since the lady answered the phone she was short and keep cutting me off and acting like I was a bother to her. When she said some spots have electricity and water and some don't, I told her this was my first camping trip so I wasn't sure how the electricity and water would work with a tent. If you can belive it she said "we are fine, good bye" and hung up on me. I was dumbfounded since I never got upset with her or talked bad to her. Before calling and checking this place out on line i saw lots of complants on rude staff but having worked in customer service while putting myself though med school I was not worried. I am very good at talking calm and cool to a rude person without getting upset. It seems like they are not looking for any new customers, even our 9 families looking to find a place to camp at a few times a year. The Dells is not short of campgrounds that want us as customers. There are more than enough campgrounds in the Dells that would like us as customers.

• Stayed: June 2012