All reviews tether ball water park passes manager mark diving board chula vista volleyball court shuffle board noah's ark sand volleyball splash pass kiddie pool comfortable beds great place to stay picnic tables arcade room would definitely stay here again close to downtown
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Location is great, the clean of the room is not. Never in a week I saw them passing the vacuum, had to ask every day for replenishing soap and toilet paper. The people very nice and easygoing though. They do not enforce not smoking, eating and diving on the pool, even tough is forbidden. Also the people smoke in the balcony and you cannot open the windows of the room if you like it because all the smoking enter to the room..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My family (husband, teen daughter, her friend, and our dog) traveled for 3 weeks as part of our annual summer vacation. Wisconsin Dells was our last stop for 2 nights. We decided to stay at the All Star based on the wonderful reviews and the fact that they are pet friendly. Upon a late afternoon arrival we noticed an extremely crowded parking lot (one woman was texting, not paying attention, and walked into my stopped vehicle), an even more crowded swimming pool, and a basic but seemingly clean 2 room suite with a king bed and 2 queens. We moved our belongings, which included 3 WEEKS OF FRESHLY LAUNDERED CLOTHING which was still in clean mesh laundry bags, our 80 lb golden retriever, and his very heavy crate into room 42 (upstairs). The girls sorted the freshly done laundry, placed it on the respective owners' beds and we left the hotel for the Elusive Escape Room experience (awesome). We arrived back at the motel sometime after 10pm, tired, and fell asleep in the beds that were actually quite comfortable. TOO BAD THEY ARE INFESTED WITH BED BUGS! I was awoken at 5 AM by the teen girls who were freshly showered (teens, 5 am, showered....I knew something was wrong)! My daughter told me she woke up around 330am to use the bathroom and saw something moving on her bed. She spotted a bug and woke her friend who also spotted a bug in her bed. They took showers, debated on waking a very tired mother, and then woke me after they goggled "bed bugs" and discovered more. I pulled their comforters back and my daughter's bed had so many crawling on the sheets I stopped counting. Same with her friend's bed. Big ones, medium sized ones, babies! I was initially dumbfounded because this place received such great reviews and seemed fairly clean. I left my husband (exhausted from packing up our camp the day before) sleep for a bit, hoping that our bed in the other room wasn't affected... Not sure what I was thinking? I tried calling the main office, left a voicemail. Then around 630 am I rang the doorbell of the house attached to the main office. Thankfully, Mark, the motel manager, answered. I explained to him our dilemma. He was very knowledgeable about the bed bug, it's history, treatment, etc. He came to our room to inspect. He found several bugs, including one in The Holy Bible next to the bed, retrieved them for the local bed bug inspector, and confirmed that it wasn't us who brought them into the room and that indeed they were there before we arrived. There was a slight insinuation that we may have brought them with us which I was a little shocked because I grew up with all sorts of bugs in the north woods...never saw a bed bug up there camping?!? He proceeded to tell us the next steps which being an Advanced Practice Nurse (CRNA) I already knew. We needed to bag all of our belongings INCLUDING THE 3 WEEKS OF FRESHLY LAUNDERED CLOTHING and eradicate the bugs, potential eggs, etc with heat. Of coarse, if we didn't do this we run the risk of bringing them into our home. At this point, it's 730 AM. My husband is still asleep, I'm suppose to take the teens to Noah's Ark at 930 AM. My husband and I planned to be at Sundara Spa by 2 PM to enjoy a nice lunch, relaxation, followed by nonrefundable, booked weeks ago, spa services. And now I have to do at least 6 loads of laundry and move all our our belongings, dog, snacks, etc. into another room which isn't available yet. Awesome. Mark was very apologetic and offered multiple times to help. But there's no on site laundry. I woke my husband at this point. He inspected our bed and no surprise... MULTIPLE BED BUGS! We both understand that bed bugs are a potential problem when traveling but this situation was extreme. If our teens can diagnose the problem, why can't the housekeeping staff? We saw them in early daylight, crawling along the baseboard trim! My husband removed the headboard and found several hiding there!!! This is unacceptable. At this point my husband insisted on leaving. I called Mark, told him no need to arrange another room, we would be leaving. He credited our stay for the second night but I needed to ask to be refunded for our night's stay with the bed bug! He had to check with the owner who was busy and not responding. We were also told we needed to be out of the room by 11am? Which was funny because I wanted to be out at 5AM when I saw all the bugs! We bagged all of our belongings and with a little help from 2 staff members moved all of it to our cars. Fortunately, I found boarding for our dog at The Pet Retreat, got a room at The Wilderness, and there was a laundromat close by. I dropped the teens off at the water park which was disappointing because we wanted to hang with them for awhile but we had to do the laundry, drop the dog off, heat everything we had in the room, etc. My husband and I didn't finish doing the laundry until 3pm! Fortunately the Sundara Spa was understanding and allowed us to cancel our appointments. Prior to this, before leaving the All Star, I asked Mark for the owner's number which was not given to me. I was was told we would be refunded to our night's stay with the bed bugs and that should more than enough to pay for our troubles especially since we received the Noah's Ark passes...total around $480. Oh I was also told it will cost the motel $900 to control the situation. On our end:

Wilderness $200
Spa services ( and relaxation) that we were so excited for $500
Pet retreat $50
Laundry $50
Orkin services when we get home (God only knows)
Hydrocortisone cream for bites
Groceries we threw out because they were sitting on the dresser in totes
I could go on.

More important than the money, the last days of our 3 week vacation were completely ruined. Our teens were exhausted while at the water parks. We all have bed bug bites with my daughter's being the worst extending in a line from both left and right wrists to elbows. She has eczema and very sensitive skin. Her reaction is very pronounced. I've been scratching my ankle bites while writing this. We were camping in the north woods and didn't get bit up like this! My husband and I never got the relaxation hours we were looking forward to at the spa. I could go on. Never again. We will board our dog (the Pet Retreat is awesome) and stay at the Wilderness from now on.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank wijule
Mark S, Manager at All Star Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

We responded earlier to another guest from this same room in previous review. We checked this guest's room and did, indeed, find bed bugs. At which point, we refunded the guest's entire stay and offered to move them to a different room, while we sealed off the affected room and called Pest Control. (We first checked the new room to ensure that it did not have any pests.) This guest accepted the refund, but chose to move to another motel. We facilitated their move by supplying bags, helping them bag up all of their laundry, and helping them move all of their belongings back to their vehicle. We do not have a laundry facility on property, but we recommended the best one in town. We recommended to the guest that they place their items in the dryer only (on high for approx. 1 hour), as this would be the most effective measure and would also limit costs. We hoped that the guest might be able to salvage some of their vacation by keeping the free passes to the water and theme parks. As a lodging facility, we completely understand and apologize for the emotional distress this can cause our guests, recognizing that this is a problem faced by travelers and lodging facilities across the nation.

As a property, we cannot keep people from bringing bed bugs to our motel; but we can do our best to eradicate them once they have been brought. We never meant to imply that this guest brought the bed bugs to this room, but that we did not know who did. We also made sure to inform the guest of the best procedures we are aware of to protect themselves as well as what procedures we use to eradicate any bed bugs that are found on our property. At this time, the best treatment known (and also the most expensive) is a heat and chemical treatment, which requires a licensed operator:
"The Achilles heel of bed bugs is heat. Once you expose bed bugs to 120F or hotter both the bugs and eggs die very rapidly (less than a minute). . . . This is an excellent method to treat for bed bugs as it is one of the few treatments that can eliminate manageable infestations in one treatment and also reduces the amount of pesticides introduced"
(see article on BedBugCentral entitled"Using Heat to Kill Bed Bugs," written Aug. 2015)

We take each situation seriously and do not cut corners with cheaper, less effective measures. We seal off the affected room. We do not let any other guests stay in an affected room until the Pest Control professionals have given us their certificate, showing that the room is now free of pests. Our certificate from a licensed pest control professional is available for those who are interested in seeing that we take this seriously.

Again, we apologize for the emotional distress this guest was put through as well as the loss of their vacation. We will continue to serve our guests to the best of our ability, and we use the best strategies to eliminate bed bugs once they are found.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We walked into a nice looking room but when it came time to going to sleep my bestfriend got up in the middle of the night and saw that there were bugs in her bed. BED BUGGGSSS!! They obviously didn't clean everything right. There was bugs in all of our beds and on the walls which was horrible because we had to move hotels then they made us pay for everything we had to wash!!! Do NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayda R

We checked this guest's room and did, indeed, find bed bugs. At which point, we refunded the guest's entire stay and offered to move them to a different room, while we sealed off the affected room and called Pest Control. (We first checked the new room to ensure that it did not have any pests.) This guest accepted the refund, but chose to move to another motel. We facilitated their move by supplying bags, helping them bag up all of their laundry, and helping them move all of their belongings back to their vehicle. We do not have a laundry facility on property, but we recommended the best one in town. We recommended to the guest that they place their items in the dryer only (on high for approx. 1 hour), as this would be the most effective measure and would also limit costs. The guest was also able to keep their free passes to the water and theme parks. As a lodging facility, we completely understand the emotional distress this can cause our guests, recognizing that this is a problem faced by travelers and lodging facilities across the nation.

As a property, we cannot keep people from bringing bed bugs to our motel; but we can do our best to eradicate them once they have been brought. At this time, the best treatment known (and also the most expensive) is a heat and chemical treatment, which requires a licensed operator:

We take each situation seriously and do not cut corners with cheaper, less effective measures. We seal off the affected room. We do not let any other guests stay in an affected room until the Pest Control professionals have given us their certificate, showing that the room is now free of pests. Since it is impossible to know which guest has brought the pests with them, this is merely the cost of doing business as a lodging facility.

We most certainly understand this guest's distress, and did our best to help them by refunding their entire stay (including the time they had already spent with us), offered them a new fully-inspected room, helped to pack and move their belongings, gave them bags to place their items in, and allowed them to keep their free passes to the water and theme parks even though we retained no money for their stay.

We apologize for the emotional distress this guest was put through as well as the loss of their vacation. We will continue to serve our guests to the best of our ability, and we use the best strategies to eliminate bed bugs once they are found.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed here 1 night while we were in the Dells. This is a well kept motel. No frills and quite small, but clean and comfortable. Coffee pot, fridge, and microwave in room as well decent TV with plenty of channels. The staff here are friendly, hard working and efficient. It was a good stay and half the price of the bigger hotels. The icing on the cake was walking into the office to check out and seeing a large handful of the guests enjoying coffee together with the manager. Very pleasant and homey!

Stayed: August 2017
Mark S, General Manager at All Star Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We appreciate the time our guests take to write a review of our property. It makes us very happy that these guests so enjoyed their stay with us! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Come here if you are looking for a sparkly-clean, good value hotel for a family vacation in the Dells. I am extremely fussy about cleanliness in hotels, especially bathrooms, and this hotel is extremely clean. It is a "good value" hotel for families and is nothing fancy, but it has all necessary amenities, Right down to complementary shampoo, lotion, and coffee pot/hairdryer/fridge/microwave – everything you need to travel with kids. Also, they give free passes to Noah's Ark and another park. Even outside, the grounds are spacious and well-kept up. If I were really pressed to offer a suggestion for a change, it would be to get rid of the carpeting. I hate hotel carpeting and never feel it is really clean, but at least this carpeting seemed clean enough.
I have heard many ugly stories about hotels in the Wisconsin Dells area, probably because people are looking for cheap places to stay and are bringing with them children and food to eat in their hotel rooms. Of course, as expected, these places often have disgusting bug problems, including bedbugs. Not this place! It is super clean.
The owner lives on premises and is it at the desk almost all of the time. He is THE most patient and accommodating host you could ever ask for. He spent a great deal of time giving us tips about where and where not to eat, pointing out available coupons, and even explaining how to maneuver our way around the waterpark for the next day. At 10:45 P.M., I asked for extra bedding, and it was delivered to our room within 10 minutes by a smiling and gracious room attendant.
I used Trip Advisor to find this place and cannot say enough good things about both Trip Advisor and the ALL STAR VALUE INN at Wisconsin Dells.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank donnasA7825XL

Thanks very, very much to this guest for their generous review. We do strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms and address issues quickly. Our guests' comfort is our priority and we're happy to know that these guests felt cared for. Thanks again, and we'll see you next year!