My husband and I only had a couple of days for a quick honeymoon since we have a lot of pets and it is hard to leave them with people for long. We are both from Iowa, so the Dells was a nice quick trip for us to have some time together. My husband had reserved unit #23 that had a whirlpool tub advertised for around $230/night. He chose this over a hotel because he thought it would be more private and romantic, although hotels had whirlpool tubs for around $100-$150/night in the Dells. The water heater was much too small to even half fill the whirlpool tub. This was the whole reason we rented the place! I complained to the management and was told some voodoo about a ratio of hot to cold water you had to turn the faucets to in order to get it to fill. All this resulted in was a lukewarm to cool whirlpool bath because the water heater wasn't big enough. It was highly suspicious considering the shower had an energy saver shower head on it in the first place. Our second night there we were even the only people there so it was definitely not anyone using the hot water up. My husband complained upon checkout, especially since we had wanted to leave and go to a hotel the night before but were not told the truth about the situation. The second person gave us some voucher for a free night from September-March in the off-season. Great, we will be sure to fly back from Galveston, TX, where we currently live! A complete waste of the money and not a romantic couple of nights at all. Real disappointing considering I am from NE Iowa, a few minutes from Prarie du Chein, WI, and the scenery is nothing I haven't grown up around. The whole point of the trip was the romantic time together enjoying luxuries we don't have at home (whirlpool tub). The bed was also pretty uncomfortable and not a high quality mattress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Wisconsin River on the Lower Dells. Close to attractions, yet quiet and secluded. Relax and unwind in the summer with nightly bonfires along 400 ft. of sandy beach. Admire the Bald Eagles in the winter. Beautiful, clean riverview log units and friendly staff invite you and your family to make memories that will last a lifetime. Free water park passes included year round for every registered guest. Discount book and splash pass included with every reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cedar Lodge & Settlement reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Lodge And Settlement
- Cedar Lodge & Settlement Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cedar Hotel Settlement