“Dirtiest place I have ever stayed!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 23 July 2012

One star is being quite generous. There were hair clips all over our room floor and a pair of sandals under the edge of the bed AND a fruit snack on the floor. It was so gross. Obviously the floors do not get cleaned. I told the front desk and he gave me another room but it was just as dirty and it smelled bad. We couldn't make ourselves stay there. We were tired and it was late but we left anyway. Be warned!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Angiedawnb

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I would not give any stars if trip advisor would let me! This was the worse customer service I have ever encountered anywhere. The front desk staff was extremely rude. Any time we asked for help the staff would sigh and roll their eyes like it was an inconvenience for them to help. Staff member Nick even used profanity (F word in front of children) when asked to help with a problem with the vending machine. Staff was not only rude to adults but also the children. When trying to complain about the rudeness and profanity to a different front desk staff member I was told, "you must be mistaken." The manager was not there at that time so there was not a lot that could be done right then. I am only highlighting the main issues but I got the sense that guests were an inconvenience to the front desk staff members. During my 4 night stay the front desk staff was not friendly or accommodating at ALL! Please do not stay here!!!

The beds were hard as a rock and the pillows (2 to a bed) were thin and flat. When requesting more pillows I was told they didn't have any.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank bbfam
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I made a reservation about 2 months ago to stay at the AmericInn in Silver Bay, MN and was really excited about going there with my family. Unfortunately 2 days prior to my trip I got really sick and had to go to the ER. There was no way I could make it to the AmericInn because of all the tests they wanted to do on me at the hospital.

I called AmericInn to cancel, preparing myself for a some sort of questioning, thinking how I'm going to prove to them that I'm really sick - my fears were baseless. The front desk person said there will be no fees at all for canceling and she hoped I get well soon.

Thank you for your understanding, AmericInn!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Our family was very happy with our stay at the AmericInn in Wisconsin Dells. Great value if you are looking to stay in the Dells for a reasonable price. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Basic pool and another little kids pool with a froggy slide that our 4-year-old loved. Breakfast with hot waffles was a huge plus for our family of 6. Note that this hotel is not going to provide thrills for the waterpark lover; however, they provide free passes to Chula Vista Resort's Waterpark........awesome for our 3 older kids! We also were able to get free waterpark passes for Mount Olympus with a code from a friend before we arrived in the Dells, making the whole experience very affordable and fun. I would highly recommend this hotel and I loved the wooded view from our room window.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JASON B
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Spent two night there for a weekend getaway and it was HORRIBLE. The room smelled musty and the floors were wet, the AC was loud and you could hear water running constantly in the unit. The first night there we decided to try the hot tub, BIG mistake!! As we went to enter there was "stuff" in the hot tub, we're still unclear what all was in there but appeared to be a catchup packet, some large white thing and a brown oozing substance. We informed the front desk and they LAUGHED. A girl did come to clean it up a bit and informed us it was paper and crayon had washed off the paper. I have 5 kids and NEVER seen that happen! Beds were hard and uncomfortable. We travel often with our children and this is definitely not a place we will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple