“Nice stay”
Review of Day's End Motel

Day's End Motel
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The onsite managers and the new associate were very welcoming and helpful when I arrived. What I liked about the layout of the grounds was the large grassy area in front of the hotel ,which had a gazebo, swimming pool, lots of places to sit and relax. To me the two miles distance from the strip was perfect because I don't like a lot of noise and commotion, but it was close enough to get to the strip easily if you want to enjoy what it has to offer. There was a large wooded area in the back and I saw some beautiful birds. The room was basic and quite clean. I slept very well while I was there on a very comfortable mattress, which is a plus.
There is not an onsite dining place, but there are a variety of good restaurants fairly close by. Also, the recommendations that they gave me of places to eat were perfect.
All in all I was very happy with my experience here and I would choose it again if I were going to be in the Dells.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank cagily3601
Rachel S, Manager at Day's End Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

We are glad that this guest enjoyed his stay at our motel. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable place for our guests to relax and enjoy nature. We hope this guest allows us to serve him again the next time he visits Wisconsin Dells.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here from the moment we checked in until the we had to go home. The staff was very attentive, informative, hard-working, family oriented, dog-friendly, and were always asking if there was anything we needed. Everything was very well maintained from our room, to the pool/pool area, the lobby, the picnic areas, and the entire grounds. We loved the country/camping like atmosphere with the spacious wooded, 5 acres that the motel sits on. The dogs loved getting to go on walks, visiting the chicken coop in the back, and grilling out with "mom and dad" at the many shaded picnic areas. We also loved our cozy, clean, AIR CONDITIONED room to relax in as it was 100-105 degrees during our stay!!! The pool was also a blessing and LOTS of fun!!!!! The motel is only a couple miles from all of the attractions, in which we loved getting out of town to relax at the pool or just enjoy spending time with the dogs after our busy afternoons of running around!! We will definately refer our friends and family here, and will be back to stay ourselves!!

Room Tip: There is no restaurant available, but we brought our own food and they provide grills for people to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

We are so glad that this guest enjoyed our quiet country setting and grounds. We strive to maintain our motel to be aesthetically pleasing and clean. We look forward to hosting this guest again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Attentive and very friendly staff. Clean rooms and bathroom. Great location, near but not on top of all the action/attractions. The "pet-friendly" option was mainly why we chose this place and our dog loved it to:) We'll be back again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

It pleases us that this guest had a nice stay. We enjoy having pets at our motel and we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to serving this guest again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Extremely clean and also friendly service. what is most important to us is cleaniless and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

We are pleased that our motel met with this guest's approval. We always strive to maintain pristine, clean rooms.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent two nights at this great little motel. It was clean, comfortable and friendly. We had a room with a double bed and queen bed, with more than enough space for three adults and one small child. The bed, sheets, blankets and, most importantly, the bathroom were all very clean. There is a very small playground area for little ones, four or five mini-golf holes and a large swimming pool with two slides. The motel is pet friendly, but our room was spotless and had no stray dog hairs or dog scents that we could detect.

This motel is off-the-strip by about 5 miles. Some would find this location objectionable, but the nice quiet location was perfect for our group. Despite other reviews, we found this hotel very easily, about three minutes from the exit off of I94. The hotel is on the same road as the Dells downtown strip, a very easy 5 minute drive into town.

When I looked up this motel on the internet, I could have booked a room with two queen beds for $102/night (Fri-Sat nights). I called the motel directly and was offered a small room with two double beds for $75/night or a larger room with a double/queen bed for $90/night. These are great prices for a holiday week in the Dells. The motel is no frills, just clean and basic.

I would have given this great little motel a 5 star rating, but the beds were very, very hard. I can sleep on any type mattress (soft or hard) but these mattresses were exceptionally hard. Given how much I liked everything else about this motel, I would not let this deter me from staying here again. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

We are glad that this guest had a comfortable stay. We enjoy families and pets here and work to maintain a nice yard for both. We apologize for the poor night's sleep; we are currently updating our mattresses.

We look forward to serving this guest again in the future!