3,221 results
All reviews wave pool water park mini golf glacier canyon klondike kavern indoor water bumper boats all ages black hole laser tag ropes course zip line fun pass lazy river indoor parks lost world wild waterdome
Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

This resort has four in door water parks, restaurants, rides, mini golf, and other amenities. It had a glass water dome that lets so much light into the wave pool area that you may need sun block in the winter. Best of all for our family, with a toddler and a baby, there are designated water play areas for the littlest located near areas for the whole family.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 17 March 2015

This is our second stay here. We really enjoyed our last stay and we kind of enjoyed this stay too. The reason for the lower rating this time was the atmosphere from the other guests. Check-in was great and getting to use the water park at 11am is really fantastic. The best and most wild rides had quite long lines but they were worth it. The wave pool was really fun but there were a lot of near misses with drowning and several times lifeguards had to jump in. I also like that we could stay until the water parks closed on the day of checkout. Laser tag was $20 for unlimited for our entire stay and well worth the price-our boys played for hours while we were in the pools with the girls both days. We didn't eat at the hotel-the prices I glanced at looked quite pricey and I don't mind spending a lot on food but typically we are really disappointed by the quality of the food for the price at hotels. We also didn't drink at the pool.....here's where I start the complaining and why I did not give the hotel the best rating. They now have a swim up bar and a lot of security guards. While I am all for swim up bars and even getting wasted while sitting at one in Mexico, I don't really like them at a family oriented place. Mexico vs. Dells argument...THIS IS CANCUN-$500 per person for flight, all you can eat & drink (alcohol!!!) and resort to go to Mexico for 2-6 nights depending on where you stay. There is a beach, sun and a kid's club at most resorts where you can drop the kids off if you have them and get your drink on and not make a drunken fool of yourself in front of your kids (or just leave them at home). OR you can be a carefree spring breaker without kids partying at the swim up bar where anything goes! In Cancun there are a ton of people walking around cleaning up after drunk people and everything is always clean. THIS IS WISCONSIN DELLS-$400 per night for a room at this resort, $10 PER DRINK, $20 per person for a meal equals a ton of money depending on how many people you are paying for and how long you stay. No kids club so we got to see sloppy drunk moms spilling their beer in the pool or other parents teetering with their kids back to their rooms after too much time at the swim up bar. We got to see quite inappropriate PDA in the hot tub later in the evening when the spring breakers were getting more and more drunk and then leaving their beer/drink/cigarettes laying around (which no one ever picked up-stuff was still laying everywhere the next day too. Oh, and our next door neighbors puked outside their bedroom balcony. The addition of a swim up bar just promoted more drinking, more mess, more inappropriateness and of course, I'm sure it makes Wilderness a lot more money. We won't be back to this resort in the Dells, it's really taken a nose dive!

2  Thank KatherineNoel
Reviewed 16 March 2015

I took my 9.5 year old son overnight to the Wilderness as a spring break getaway. We arrived around 1:30 p.m. and our room was already prepared for us. We were able to get in and settled before enjoying the water parks. Our room was nice and clean and had a balcony. We stayed in the main hotel.The beds are soft, the pillows were mediocre (short and hard). The room was equipped with a dorm fridge and microwave. The accommodations were great. The only complaint here was that you could hear every one walk by and anyone talking over a whisper could be heard in your room even from down the hall. The domestic fight in the middle of the night down the hall was a lovely thing to wake up to from a dead sleep.

Three water parks were open while we were there: Klondike, Wild West and The Dome (all indoor). We visited the indoor dome with the wave pool first. Once I rented a locker it was perfect. The locker rental was $6, but could be floated to any of the other parks so you didn't have to pay again. I felt that was reasonable considering it is a luxury to offer it. My son absolutely loved the wave pool. The large water slide in the dome requires multiple riders. I get motion sick, so he ended up just going up and waiting until there was another single rider or jumped in with another group. The next water park was Klondike the big slides he opted out of again due to the multi-rider thing and them being big slides. He liked the huge bucket that dumps a ton of water on people below. He had a blast in here. We finished up our trip with a visit to the Wild West Indoor water park. He liked the slide options better in this park and the setup, but the bucket didn't dump as much water on your head. The indoor/outdoor hot tub was a fun idea that we visited a couple times. We plan to visit again in June when the outdoor parks are open.

My son really enjoyed the Northern Lights rope adventure and the Lazer Tag which he played a couple times. The prices were what I expected for extra activities.

The only disappointment with the place was the prices of food and drink. A pizza combo at Klondike was $10.99 for a slice of cheese pizza, a small container of fries and a 20 oz fountain drink. I added on a pre-made wrap and it was $15. I felt this was pretty high considering unless you leave the property you are stuck eating there.

We will definitely be back. The complaints I had other than food prices really weren't the problem of the property. The property has lots of things to offer guests from gifts shops to arcade games to restaurants.

Room tip: choose main hotel to have the ability to get to both main water parks without going outside.
Reviewed 16 March 2015

We stayed at the Wilderness last week and it was phenomenal! The setting is gorgeous, our room was sparkling clean and overlooked a beautiful walking trail. The waterparks were clean and the lifeguards were always in sight and on task. Every employee we encountered was professional and friendly, they must really like their jobs! One night I left my phone in one of the waterparks and when I went to retrieve it, an employee was washing each step in the waterpark by hand! My daughter left her glasses in our room after check out and by 9:40 am that morning, I had an email from loss prevention services stating they found her glasses and my son's shorts and would mail them to us. We hadn't even left the hotel yet! The housekeeping staff was wonderful - polite and efficient. There is so much to do under one roof, you don't need to leave the hotel. Front desk staff at the Glacier Canyon Lodge was excellent - Rosie and Eric especially. We took a day trip to Cascade Mountain and thoroughly enjoyed a day of skiing only 20 min away.

Room tip: Ask for either waterpark or walking trail (forest) view. Go in the offseason and find a good special rate.
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

This is year 4 for us and every year you guys give us another reason to come back. We like the new amenities you built since last year. The race track and the yogurt bar were a big hit with all of us! We have young children so we were not able to use the new swim up bar but it looked nice. I also liked the fact that at 9:30pm I called the front desk to send someone to fix our ceiling light as it would rattle anytime someone would walk by. He was knocking on our door in less then 5 min. I also like the fact you take cleanliness seriously as someone was dusting the wood on the halls and for anyone who has stayed at your place would know that is an almost impossible task. Thank you for making our annual Dells vacation a great one. See you next year for year 5.