“Looked promising on the outside, but left us a little crabby.”

Crabby’s Hot Rocks
Ranked #139 of 195 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: Don't miss out on Crabby's famous crab legs and its Fun Pirate themed atmosphere. Located in the heart of the Dells.
Reviewed 2 September 2017

It's a barely piratey, pirate theme restaurant serving average-quality steaks at twice the price-- and you have to cook it yourself on a hot rock that spits grease all over your clothes. If you can get a $20 discount coupon it's probably worth it because the service was decent, but I'd stick with the sea food. Of note is that there is no beer on tap here and the bottle selection is really limited, which is odd for a tourist destination in Wisconsin.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Granted - we went on a Tuesday night so the restaurant was somewhat vacant ... the service was excellent. Our server was a sweet European young man who treated the table like family. The food was mediocre. Nothing spectacular about the dining. But Vojin was great.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My 2 children and I went there on a Monday night. We waited at the table for 15 minutes while other tables were served before us and waitress walked around us. When I alerted the Mgr. she said " Great Thank You" in a sarcastic tone. We went to Paul Bunyon. We were seated immediately and had drinks and food in less than 5 min.

1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Terrible. We waited over an hour, still no food, just an excuse from our waiter "we have a party of 50 so our kitchen is backed up". Really? The restaurant was not full by any means, party of 50 or not, that should not have been an issue. Then when we decided to leave I went up to "pay" for our drinks, thinking that I could not imagine the manager would make us pay for anything, but I was wrong. She charged us, and didn't apologize for anything, nor show any interest in what I had to say. It was unbelievable. I've encountered few places with such terrible customer service.

2  Thank anniston7
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We had a group of 12 and were in a separate room with two wait staff. Nine of us received our meals in a timely fashion. The three that ordered crab legs were still waiting for their meal as the rest of us were finishing up. I finally had to go ask where their meal was. The waiter never let us know the status of this meal until he brought the crab legs and then all he said was it wasn't his fault.