2,405 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagejunior suitethe indoor water parkwave poolfull kitchenwisconsin riverroller coasterall agesoff seasonolder kidsgreat resorttwo queen bedsyear oldsa lot of funmini golf
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Some college girlfriends of mine decided to get away for a weekend. I had heard about Chula Vista and it was pretty affordable (that should have been my first red flag), so we booked a 2 bedroom condo for 10 of us. We had high hopes, but my God were we disappointed. First of all...they make it sound like there are all these restaurants you can eat at, but there are 2 and the food is exactly the same and buffet style (classy). It's all grease and fat and you honestly feel like death after you eat. Second of all, the check in process-NIGHTMARE. We stayed there the weekend of some church retreat and instead of having a separate line we had to wait in a line with about 50 retreat members. We also all drove separately as we live in different states and they would not just give me the wristbands, they had to place them on everyones wrist when they came. This meant I waited in that horrendous line probably 6 times. What was the point?! The wristbands were paid for!

The waterpark is gross. If you like swimming in water filled with toddlers and most likely urine, then go for it. The smell of chlorine in that place was so strong, hmmm I wonder why??? None of us even ventured into the water for fearing what might happen afterwards.

At night we called the front desk for more pillow since there were 10 of us and we had only 8 pillows. They said we couldn't have anymore unless we paid extra. Seriously? Yes. I kindly explained to them the ratio of heads to pillows and yet, they still refused.

The tip of the iceberg is that my friend had given her credit card to the front desk girl just to be able to get her wristband since I had not arrived yet and it was under my name. She said she was going to hold the card and it would not be charged. I arrived 40 minutes later, gave them my card which was charged the full amount and we thought all was taken care of. This week, my friend got her credit card statement and what do ya know-they charged her $54. I chatted online with some at Chula Vista who said that had to be paid by a different card before they could credit her card back. First of all-this is your mistake, Second of all-we already paid!!!!! I refused to do this. I contacted the man who helped us make reservations (Chris) and the Chula Vista general email. It has been 4 days...no reply from anyone.

I won't say that they lost business because you could not have paid me to go back there. However, I will discourage anyone and everyone I know from every visiting this place. I felt I needed to warn everyone in Trip Advisor to just STAY AWAY. You will leave this place with an upset stomach from the greasy food, a sore neck from the lack of pillows, and a nice big hole in your wallet.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ccassa68
Reviewed 13 December 2010

my husband & I and another couple took advantage of the all inclusive-all you can eat/drink & room only $99 a night-we stayed over thanksgiving for 2 nights. The resort is very nice-decorated nicely & i loved how many fireplaces are thruout. Unfortunately the main ones in the lobby always had people in the seats so we could never sit there. Check in was easy-all staff very courteous. We had the 2 queen balcony suite on 4 th floor-we had beautiful view of river/walkway and right below us was the outdoors spring/hot tub-which was very nice even tho it was 30 out! the concrete did not feel heated and fireplace did not let out much warmth but still fun to do. Room was clean-& the soap/shmpoo dispenser on wall smelled good and was not bad at all-we did have hair dryer/frig/microwave-lots of housekeeping were mexican & most did not speak english but were still friendly. Make sure you dont put your room key/card next to your cell phone or another credit card-my husband did it 3 times & it wouldnt work-it was his fault each time but front desk very helpful. we did get into the buffet 1st night-not too long of wait-food was kind of cold & it was not filled up fresh-the crab legs were very good but hard to crack yourself-took forever. there was NO way of finding a seat at the bar that was all inclusive-thank god they had a man setup in lobby to pop in and get a drink-he too was very nice but we were disappointed about bar because we wanted a bar burger but couldnt get close enough to order. so on t-giving day-we got up early for breakfast buffet and there was a huge line already and that was just to put your reservation in to eat 50 min wait, we noticed bar was empty so decided to have a bloody mary and easily found out that you can just go to the buffet from there & eat your meal-so that is the best tip i can give you and we also made reservations for dinner ahead of time. again, the meal was ok. as far as waterpark-rollercoaster was awesome & im 40 and loved it! great tube slides and good sz lazy river. The tiki bar had good frozen drinks but each time we were there-there was a rude non english speaking lady there and another foreigner-Edward i believe is his name-he was so rude. so i decided to go to crash landing -another fast food/drink place in waterpark-there you had to wait in line forever & they make all their burgers/dogs/chx strips/pretzels/fries ahead of time so either its heat lamped gross or just plain not available-worst food ever. i ended up getting bag of nachos and a cheese sauce cup that wasnt bad and took back to room and heated up later to eat. arcade ok-not much for us older adults to do. they do have a couple stores which i ended up buying a nice watch and they were very friendly too. our last day we got to the buffet right at 7am & food was great-gravy is good but this time it was cold otherwise prime rib/ham/bacon all your favs were very good. our friends had a small 2 queen room on 1st floor and noticed room across the hall the next day was being cleaned and decided to ask front desk how much to upgrade-they gave it to them at no charge-how nice is that?! this room was huge with two patio doors, full bar, etc. we did not do the spa as a little overpriced.
so overall complaint is that i dont feel we got all of our all you can eat/drink as bar always full. we did enjoy ourselves-nice get away from the holiday hustle.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I was completely disappointed with the entire experience. I booked this room in November 2009 for a June 2010 stay and I paid in full. When I was on the phone with the booking agent I asked for a couple of things.

1. I wanted to be in a room that was closest to the water park.
2. We were staying with a group and we wanted to be close to them
3. I did not want to overlook the parking lot.

I was very clear on my expectations. All three of these requests were denied. I was in the room furthest from the water park, the group was scattered all over the hotel and, you guessed it, I overlooked the parking lot.

I got settled in my room and decided to hike to the wave pool. And to my surprise the wave pool is smaller than my pool at home and about 3 feet deep. I have three children ages 10-17 and they asked me if the wave pool was a joke. The pictures online are very deceiving.

I want my vacation to be spent WITH my children. At this place there was nothing that my children and I could do together. I like to go on the rides and swim in the pool with them. This place is for 1 of 2 types of parents. Either you have really small and infant children, or you want to sit at a bar, get drunk and set your kids loose not having to worry about them drowning because there are no pools over 3 feet deep.

There is not one redeeming quality about this establishment and I promise to tell my story to anyone who is thinking about going to the Dells. I have already told people who were planning on staying at Chula Vista this year and they changed their plans.

Michelle Ruther

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We stayed November 22-23rd and there were not very many people around. I had asked for a wooded view when I made the reservation but instead we got a parking lot view. I could have complained but before I realized it the kids had already picked their beds. When we got to the park there were no lines for any of the rides so that was great. However the lazy river didn't open up until 4:00 both days due to a lack of life guards - which I deemed unacceptable. Normally we would have been extremely disappointed but since the first day we didn't get to the park until 3:15 it didn't really matter. When we entered that water it was pretty cold which was a big disappointment. The water should have been warmer than what it was which was one of the reasons we ended up leaving early the next day. The park is small so there is not as much to do in this park as compared to some of the bigger parks. The lack of an indoor dry play area was also disappointing. The food was OK and probably priced right considering there is really nothing within several miles of this place. The condo was spacious and clean but lacked decorating. I was looking forward to the fireplace, however, both fireplaces were fake - very disappointing since at this time it turned really cold outside. I would have given this place 4 stars, however, the last straw was when we ate at the snack bar they refused any refills for drinks. At $3 a cup I thought that was really unnecessary. Perhaps this was a policy to deter people from the park constantly coming in to refill their cups. Yet for me who went in with a family for a one time visit I should have been allow to refill our cups. We have been to 3 other indoor water parks and I would rank this last - although not by much. However if you can snag their $99 a couple per night all inclusive that is a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is a really nice hotel but the compound is huge. Just finding the right building can be a challenge if you have never been there before. The food was OK and the staff is very friendly and helpfull. My only real complaint is about the indoor waterpark. The water in the small kids part of the park was very cold. Also the waterpark closed at 8pm which I thought was pretty early for the money we spent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family