“THE KIDS HAD A GREAT TIME”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was a one-night stop on a trip West. We stayed in one of the golf villas -- 6 of us -- and found it clean and roomy enough, although a little run down and there were not really enough towels for 6 showers. WIFI was good.
The waterpark itself was a lot of fun, although with all the noise and kids running around it was a little chaotic and hard to keep track of our own kids. The staff was very attentive -- my kudos to the guys and gals who wait at the bottom of the tubes to assist people coming out. That would take more patience than I have. At one point apparently someone came off their float inside a tube -- no harm done -- and the response was immediate by the safety staff to make sure that it was not a problem caused by the facility.
I can't recommend the on-site pizza shop -- got a very blah pizza for 2 or 3 times what a decent pizza would have cost at home (but I guess you don't go to a waterpark for the food).
Overall, a good time.

Room Tip: Golf villas are a hike from the waterpark facilities -- there's a shuttle for those who want to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dick and Dolly,

Thank you for making Chula Vista part of your trip out west, we know you have many options available to you.
I appreciate your feedback and have made note of these items and have followed up with the respective managers.
If your travels bring you back thru Wisconsin, I do hope that we may be of service.
Enjoy the balance of your summer vacation. Thank you again.

Dan Hoppe

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for the weekend for a baseball tournament with a big group. The kids had a blast and enjoyed all the attractions. The water park inside and out were used constantly and they didn't seem to run out of things to do. The adults in our group ate at Kaminski Brother's both nights and were impressed with the food and service. My only complaint was the rooms--they seemed dated and in bad shape. The pillows and mattresses were the worst! At our game the next day several people were complaining about their necks and backs due to the bad beds and pillows. For the purpose of our trip it was a great choice but don't know if I'd go back with just our family if we return to the Dells.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Traveler with Kids,

We appreciate you being with us for the recent baseball tournament we know you have many options available to you. So glad you had an opportunity to experience Kaminski Brothers Chophouse it is a wonderful atmosphere and there is no opportunity to leave hungry.
Thank you for your feedback on your stay and I hope that we may have another chance to serve you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family stayed in the condos at the Chula Vista Resort to celebrate the Fourth of July. The room was clean and included a jacuzzi and "fireplace"--it was a hologram, but it was still very nice. The only criticisms I have is that they only provide one frying pan, so making bacon, eggs and pancakes for breakfast was challenging. Also, it would be nice if they had a shuttle bus running from the resort into the downtown Dells.

The indoor and outdoor waterparks were clean and not crowded. They could have used a few more tubes on the lazy river, but it still wasn't bad at all. The lazy river includes a section which has a few stronger waves, which made it fun. Overall, I would recommend it.

Me 1B,

Glad to see that you were able to spend the Fourth of July holiday with us and thank you for being with us.
Your feedback is most appreciated and I have made note of them. We hope to see you again soon, have a great rest of the summer. Safe travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

At time of reservation was told the hotel had a work out facility. When we arrived found out the work out room was just that, a room with a few treadmeals. No weight machines or free weights, not worthy of the price you pay for your stay. Also the indoor lazy river was too crowded. Very few tubes available, people walking, swimming through the river. Seems like life guards had very little control.

1  Thank w i

W I,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations during your visit. We do take safety as a number one concern of our guests and the appropiate managers have been informed of your concern.
I do hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you. Thank you for being with us and have safe travels.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We decided to try Chula Vista because of name recognition, what a mistake. First off, the room looked like it was from the 80's and smelled like it too. You can tell that it was old and no money was going into it. We were in the "North Tower." There was not allot of pride in the cleaning and/or maintenance. Regarding the Water Park, there were positives and negatives. The positive is that there were plenty of slides to keep the kids entertained, but the life-guards were on a bit of a power trip. My 3-year old wanted to ride on my lap and the guards were always blowing their whistle telling me that they "Can't do that, single riders only." Yeah right, tell your 3-old that. Needless to say we did it anyway. What we found the most ridiculous was the lazy river. There were about 100 people in it and about 20-tubes. No-one would give them up either. People on them for hours and would not give them up. That's where the life-guards should be. I'd say that if you go to the Dells, do not stay here, it's just not worth $200/night. It was dirty, lousy service and far to expensive.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the North Tower.
2  Thank altitudejunky

altitudejunky,

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on your most recent stay with us for that I personaly apologize. I have made note of your comments and will be reviewing with our team.
If you wish to discuss any further matters please feel free to contact myself or Karoyln AGM.
Have safe travels,