“Not a nice place”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in West Allis
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not a nice place”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Booked through Travelocity for $27/night, no option to choose bed size. Had to pay more for a king size bed vs. 2 doubles. Security door was stuck open, room keys were tricky. Bagels were rock hard, as was the bed. Nice pillows, though the linens were dingy. Bathroom was clean. Can't complain too much, as I was only there to sleep. Would not book there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Krista S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Nothing fancy. Excellent price, very clean rooms, good amenities, good breakfast, good restaurant next door.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Tripledan81
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Worst hotel we have stayed at!Ever!!! Yes its built in the 60's, but NOTHING has been maintained. Absolute filth. rotting wood walls in bathroom, broken windows, roaches, old uncomfortable bed, lights don't work. It was 55 degrees in our room, and I was told the mgr turned on a 'master heat' switch at 11pm, and midnight I went down again and told them how cold it was in our room with no avail. Worst vacation ever!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carisa A

Travellers are raving about these West Allis hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I felt compelled to write this review asap, after having to drive home last night from West Allis to Chicago at 11:45pm...one word: ROACHES. I am irate!

First of all, we did not have unreasonably high expectations of this hotel when we booked it a week and a half ago for myself, my husband, our 5 yr old, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my sister. We were going to the State Fair and did not want to have to make the long drive home late at night because my parents are in their late 50's and would be tired after a long day of walking. Also, my mother is handicapped so although she can walk short distances, she uses and wheelchair for assistance for longer walks. We simply wanted a place to sleep that was not expensive since we'd be arriving late at night, sleeping there, and leaving in the morning.
I did read the older reviews about the hotel/furnishings being dated but overall the reviews were positive for people just looking for an affordable place to crash for the night. I booked 2 double bed rooms for 7 adults and one child (2 ppl to a bed). I called the night before our arrival to request our rooms be together and was told that would be fine but I also called again the 'day of' to make sure that was noted since we'd be arriving very late at night after the fair ended when most people would already be checked in.
We arrived at the hotel around 11:15pm and it looked okay from the outside. At registration, the desk agent told me that although she knew I called and requested our rooms be together, she did the best she could and put us 5 rooms apart. We were disappointed but also very tired so we said fine. She gave us our keys and told us we had to drive to the back of the hotel to the entrance for our rooms(#139 & #151). When we drove around there was a huge garbage gondola back there and none of the entrances were locked. My husband, myself, my sister, and my tired 5 yr old went to room 139 and sent my parents and my brother and sister-in-law to 151. We noticed that the hallways were not carpeted, they were cement floors. When we walked into our room and hit the light the room looked fine at first glance; like an average economy hotel room. It was very dim lighting so I turned on the lamp and saw a bug run behind the dresser. I kind of freaked out and shouted "A Bug!" and my husband rolled his eyes and we peered behind the dresser expecting to see a beetle maybe. Then my sister shouts "Another bug!" and we look over to the small sitting table and there's a bug right on top of it. Then she yells "They're ROACHES!!!" and pandemonium breaks out.
I scream for everyone to pick up their bags off of the beds, we're scrambling around and spot more bugs on the carpet and nightstand. My 5 yr old daughter was so frightened, my sister was trying to smash the roaches with her sandal while we're in this hectic rush to grab everything and run out to the other room to tell everyone we're leaving.
I sent my husband to get the car and when we got to the other room they had already started unpacking and changing so panic broke out again when we told them there were roaches. Everything that was just carried in was hurriedly carried back out to the cars and everyone was outside shaking out their belongings that had been sitting in the rooms. I was so angry I was shaking. I went back to the registration office and demanded a refund and told the woman at the front desk what happened and that we absolutely could not stay there no matter what. She was very apologetic and issued my refund right away but I told her that this was a HUGE inconvenience, that we were all sweaty and exhausted from walking all day in the heat and now we had to either find another hotel or drive over an hour and a half home. I got the name of the day manager but honestly I have no idea why. My 58 yr old mother was so shocked and upset she looked like she could cry. We knew there was no way we'd be able to sleep anywhere but home after that so we decided to make the long drive. My 5 yr old fell asleep in the car in her booster seat, sitting up, with her head leaning uncomfortably to the side, with no pillow. I am so angry because even though I got my money back, the Days Inn West Allis turned a really nice family experience into a total freaking nightmare. I haven't seen a cockroach in like 10 years...I will never stay at another Days Inn for the rest of my life.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsEEV
Sturgeon Bay, Wi
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This has to be about the worse hotel we have stayed at in years. Totally in disrepair from the parking lot to the eave troughs hanging down. The room itself was decorated in the 60's with light fixtures missing, roll-away style beds, original air conditioning units (rusty), dark wood cottage style features from the 60's and worse...so much anti-stain applied to the carpeting that the bottoms of our feet and shoes took days to get clean. The carpeting was actually slippery. They had coffee and doughnuts in the morning which was about the only good thing. Bachelor party down the hall from our friends room kept her up till 4:00 a.m. Never again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#3 of 5 in Wauwatosa
4.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
11.6 km away
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
#42 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Days Inn West Allis/Milwaukee? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK