1,258 results
All reviewscity grillaveda productsluxury suiteparking rampmini barwithin walking distanceheart of downtowngreat restaurantcontinental breakfastwedding receptionplace to stayexcellent hotelhotel restaurantbusiness tripnice roomenjoyed my staycomfortable rooms
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The Jefferson Street Inn could not be more central to downtown Wausau. The shops, galleries, restaurants, coffee shops and clothiers are just around the corner on 3rd Street. We completely enjoyed walking the downtown and found the whole area very friendly. The main lobby elevator was out the weekend of our visit which made access to our 4th floor room less convenient. The staff did an ok job checking us in upon arrival, just wish she had been more clear in where to park our car. There is a small lot just in front of the hotel, if that is full then a parking garage across the street. But which spaces are hotel guests to use? Or is any and all spaces good with the mirror tag in place? Just a bit frustrating. The continental breakfast was staged in a windowless small interior room off the City Grill restaurant. Not very comfortable if more than 10 people are present. We had a two room suite with a fireplace that was very comfortable. There was a garden tub in the bedroom, but on this visit we did not take advantage of this. The shower stall is on the small size, but the towels provided are fluffy and generous in number. Our room had an honor bar with wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks available.
This was our second visit and we appreciate the great location of The Jefferson to all things Wausau.

Room Tip: Two room suites with fireplace.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and thought this looked like an ideal place to stay. Nothing was terrible but just really kind of odd. First when we tried to check in early they said our room wasn't clean so they offered to text us when one was ready. No big deal we went shopping but they never texted so we waited until normal check in time and got our room. It was like a maze to find it. Elevator in lobby was out and no one even mentioned it or apologized for the inconvenience. We had to go back outside and head to an outside door that led to a different entrance that then only took us to 2nd floor then we walked thru the entire 2nd floor to get to another elevator. We found other people lost. Maybe a map with an x on our room with a route would have been helpful. Just odd. Room was clean and comfortable. Could be easily improved to a five

Room Tip: I would strongly specify that you want a room that is easy to get to
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
jsi-6500, General Manager at Jefferson Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your comments, we really did try to make the signage as clear as possible. the elevator was not safe for guests use, but is all new and ready to go. Hope to see you again,
Take care, Debbie

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I was here for a conference. The look of the motel is very sleek. It is right downtown with a lot of options around. My room was very nice as well. All of the people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone. Very pleasant!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for all your kind words. When a guest gives us a recommendation we feel like we got an "A" :)

We hope you come back and visit us again,

All the best, Debbie

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Was back in Wausau for a high school reunion. Wanted to stay downtown to be able to walk to places. Service was excellent both with the hotel staff and the restaurant staff (get the blue cheese fries!). Free parking.

Had two events to attend and one was northeast and one was south of downtown. Free shuttle to and from both events. Who knew?! We were so pleased we asked. The wonderful employee, John Dolan, who checked us in and drove us to and from our events was just a wealth of knowledge about what was going on in the city. Since we hadn't been there in quite a while, this was an added plus!

Room was clean and beds comfy. Anytime we called the front desk our questions were answered with a friendly and knowledgeable response.

Definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

If only New York City hotels had this kind of service and attention to their customers' needs while charging over three times the price!

Room Tip: Understand the corner suites are really nice. But don't think you can go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I arrived late on a Sunday night to check in. The hotel is in downtown. I was hungry and not much open anywhere in the area. No worries, a few mile away there were some drive-thrus. Just a sleepy Sunday night in Wausau.

Check in went smooth. The lobby was small but nice. I needed to print out a large file of documents and the hotel printer was broken. The nice woman at the front desk said to email her the file to print on the office computer. She was great and a life saver!

I took the elevator to my room. The hallways were wide and spacious. My room was large as well. The room was clean, and there was a nice size desk and comfortable seat.

The bathroom was clean and nothing out of the ordinary for a business style hotel.

My one complaint would be the breakfast. The omelets were truly inedible--not fresh, hard and crusty. The other food (yogurt, toast, etc.) were fine.

I would stay here again. I have stayed in other hotels in the area, and I truly did like this place. Next time, I would just get my coffee and search for breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business