“NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE - NO WHOOPIE IN MY PIE!”
Review of Sweet Lola's

Sweet Lola's
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Wausau
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's been 3 years since we visited Sweet Lola's so when we were in the area we dropped in for dessert. Wow! Were we disappointed. There was not much of a cupcake selection, and what was there did not look good. We ordered 3 things, a vegan cupcake, vanilla ho ho and a pumpkin whoopie pie. The vegan cupcake was just plain gross. The frosting was soggy and lacked flavor, and the inside of the cupcake was gummy. We threw it out. The vanilla ho ho was dry and the inside frosting wasn't creamy; it was hard. Additionally, 3 years ago it was $2 and today it was $5. The pumpkin whoopie pie cake was very good, but there was barely any whooopie in my pie....little to no frosting. While we were in the store, we could smell cocoa brewing. I asked the associate if they made it from scratch, and I was told it was prepackaged. They just heat it up. That was disappointing to hear in a bakery that is supposed to have made from scratch items. Needless to say we won't be returning. The entire experience was disappointing.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Sweet Lolas is a great addition to Down Town Wausau.. The sweets are delectable, the prices are fair, great place, highly recommend

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My wife absolutely loves their homemade cupcakes and bars. This year when I went to get her valentines treats they had mini cakes. Got my wife one of these and she loved it. I am partial to their cake slices, the carrot cake is the best I ever had.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

You will see something you want. Great for a special treat, but prepared to be overwhelmed. Quaint and Unexpected.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

The gluten free cupcakes are GREAT!! It is always nice to find a speciality shop that makes great gluten free options. Knowing that custom cakes can be ordered will make us repeat customers.

Been to Sweet Lola's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK