“Terrible food, got sick”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #54 of 169 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went to Applebee's with my wife on Easter night, were traveling back from sons house to Mosinee. Many restaurants were closed so we were heading towards Panera's on Stewart Ave and saw Applebee's was open. My wife thought appetizers sounded good so we stopped. The place was about half full, looked to be fully staffed, and our waiter was there immediately. Ordered beverages that came quickly. Decided to each order Appetizers so my wife got 2 app deal, I got 3 app deal. It took for ever to get our food, we saw several other table that were there before us not have food. When our food arrived t was horrible. My wife ordered a pretzel that was cold and doughy inside, her Artichoke dip was so hot it could have melted the table. I ordered boneless wings-they were cool inside and looked like sauce was dribbled on top rather than cooked with sauce. The Teriyaki tacos I got that hold Cole slaw on them were cold, 1st time having these so I ate them thinking they were served cold. The mozzarella sticks were hot and perfect. I flagged down a waitress and told her our food was cold, she said she would send our waiter over. He shoed up 17 minutes later. I told him our appetizers were cold, he said he could have them reheated. No thanks, got a big box to take them home and no tip. Never asked if we wanted a drink refill. Paid bill and left, figured I would reheat leftovers for lunch. Woke up at 1:38 am feeling sick, threw up and there were the undigested teriyaki tacos I ate-guess they were not suppose to be cold. Had never had this bad of experience at Wausau location, will not go back. My guess cook did not show up and they let wait staff take shot at dream of being a cook.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The food was awful. It was cold when it arrived, the French Onion soup was literally just bread and had to be sent back. The drinks were foamed with just a splash of liquor and those too were sent back. The best thing about the dinner was our waiter who was professional and apologetic and clearly embarrassed.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We were there on a Friday night and it was busy. Or waitress seemed confused. She came back to or table after taking our order as if she had forgotten that she already took it, then remembered, then verified our order. Two people other than her brought our food. She did not come back to check on us. We had to ask someone else to get her for drink refills. Then again to find her to get our bill. She blamed not waiting on tables for a while.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had awesome service while celebrating my husband's birthday with family! Great food and staff was pleasant!

Jackie

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

While in Wausau I loved getting to know Amelia, the daytime bartender. She did everything she could to help me get to know the area and the menu. Very friendly. Applebees is within walking distance of a few hotels. Nice carry-out service! Thank you !

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK