“Wonderful surprise!”

Taqueria Tres Hermanos
Ranked #13 of 170 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Yes, check out their reviews by customers on UrbanSpoon. it truly is a must add, although small and independent.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here while in Wausau for a sporting event. The look from the outside is definitely not fancy... but go in! The food was delicious, the service friendly and fast, and the prices reasonable. Portions were large - we could not eat it all. So glad we tried it!

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Don't judge a book by its cover. Embarrassingly, I had passed on this restaurant before, simply because of its outside appearance. I saw a recent write up in our local periodical and I reminded myself that the other Mexican food noted as top rated in Wausau is entirely over priced and honestly over rated, and that I should give this place a shot. Wow am I glad I did! I don't want to restate what other reviewers have already described in terms of the food offerings. I'll just say I haven't had tacos like that in Wisconsin. I have to go home to New Mexico or or travel to Mexico to enjoy the quality and the variety offered by Tres Hermanos and at exceptionally reasonable prices. I can't forget to mention the terrific service. This is truly a family restaurant experience and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank WeheartLuke
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Tres Hermanos on a whim. Help yourself beverages ranging from beer to coca cola in a bottle to Jarritos to regular canned soda. Homemade chips and 2 different salsas were brought to the table. We ordered tacos ala carte but the menu had many other options. I ordered tacos de lengua (cow tongue), al pastor and carnitas. The lengua was melt in your mouth delicious. The pastor had a very tasty marinade and was tender. We took the carnitas taco to go because these very large "street tacos" left no room for it. Tacos came with lime, grilled jalapeno and onions. Being from Texas (and my significant other from California) we can definitely appreciate good authentic Mexican food and Tres Hermanos did not disappoint.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Mexican fare "swiss burrito" may seem a bit oddly named but once you take a bite of this scrumptious fare you likely will be sold on it as I was! Choice of meats- beef, pork, chicken. It is very mild, wrapped in either flour or corn tortilla, bursting with flavor and it is a HUGE portion. Great taste but still you'll likely take enough home for one more meal. Unassuming south of the border decorated dining room. Good selection of Mexican beverages- soft drinks and excellent beer selections including outstanding (in my opinion) Modelo- light, regular or dark along with old standby- Corona. Very good home-made chips available for purchase and comes with eye-watering standard sauce or avocodo dip. Waitress friendly, helpful and efficient. Prices are very reasonable. Tariff for two, including drinks, chips and main course- mid twenties.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Taqueria Tres Hermanos is flat out the best Mexican Restaurant in Central Wisconsin, and maybe the entire state. The menu is uncomplicated and diverse. The decor and look is simple. The employees are delightfully shy and thoroughly accommodating. We ordered the quesadilla with chorizo, and soft drinks. The quesadillas were absolutely the best we’ve had in years.

If you want a great food experience, Taqueria Tres Hermanos should be at the top of your list.

Been to Taqueria Tres Hermanos? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK