All reviews wonderful hosts antique furniture period pieces competitive rates third floor room b and b residential neighborhood downtown shops and restaurants walking distance place to stay other guests lori objects ownership
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Best B and B. Clean ,hospitable, comfy room with claw foot tub,delicious breakfast and chris and lanitia were the best hosts ever. I would take a trip back to Wausau to stay here again.
The beautiful filled antique house was going back in time with a great history behind it. My huge room had 2 beds and was so comfy that I slept in every day. It was so difficult to say goodbye.
Kathe a

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We had a lovely stay at the Everest Inn Bed and Breakfast. Lenita and Chris are such wonderful, gracious hosts, they made us feel right at home. Our room was very comfy, decorated with period pieces with plenty of storage space for all of our things.

After spending a great day experiencing Wausau's events (chalk on the town and the BBQ/balloon rally), we went back to the Inn and enjoyed reading and resting on the wonderful porch.

Coffee was ready in the morning (early too, as I am an early riser), which definitely is a welcomed pleasure. I took my coffee up to my room and gently welcomed the day.

Breakfast was awesome, and it's so nice to have someone else cook for you!

Although the Inn was full, the house maintained a nice quiet and peaceful atmosphere.

Wonderful place to spend a few days for rest, relaxation and good company.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowing_Queen
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We have been staying at the Everest Inn for many years and love it. It is our home in Wausau. The new owners continue the tradition of warm hospitality, clean and comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts, and helpfulness.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The hosts were friendly, flexible, and accommodating. We needed a specific later check in time - no problem. We wanted to have three in a room instead of two - no problem. Two of us are vegans, and one is a vegetarian - no problem. From the initial greeting to the departure, the hosts were available, helpful with recommendations, and kind. They offered us refrigerator space if necessary, brought us extra towels, and made it known that they were there if we needed anything. Our breakfast consisted of a tofu spinach scramble, fried potatoes, toast, jam, avocado, fresh fruit, veggie balls, and more. They prepared a separate egg scramble for our vegetarian friend. How nice/thoughtful! The entire experience was positive. My only complaint is that the floor in our room was dirty. It needed a good sweeping and vacuuming. Otherwise, the room was tidy, comfortable, quiet, and cute. I'm grateful to have stayed here!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This was a wonderful, low key stay. We were given a room with a private bath. The place was quiet but bustled with the comings and goings of other guests. Everyone was extremely friendly. I loved being able to roam like I was home with out it feeling like a big chain hotel. Worth the stay!

Room tip: If you don't like steps let them know. There is one room on the first floor, several on the second and two on the third.
Date of stay: May 2017