“Snowy Sensation”
Review of Granite Peak

Granite Peak
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Wausau
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I've been visiting GP for the past 15 years. I've got a lot of great memories on this mountain (even broke my wrist on it one year, [stuff happens]). I'll say this though, none are better than the year I took my wife and 4 year old daughter to the hill for their first time.
The hill offers enough terrain to please riders of all experiences and the lodge food is good. But if you don't own your own gear be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars for a small family.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

I get to GP 3+ times a year and the conditions are always good. The addition of mounds to make rollers on the east and west side makes the flats much more exciting. The food is very expensive so bring lunch. Also, the tickets are very expensive, but there are discounts in the evening. I would go more if not for the cost. If you can get past that, this place ranks in my top three for snow, terrain variety, atmosphere, and location.

1  Thank MisterBTF
Reviewed 30 March 2015

Lots of fun memories, well worth saving for! Beautiful hills, nice grooming. Somebody is always hauled out by ambulance though. Nice for beginners, and experts..lots of trail choices. For me as an intermediate skiier, there were basically only a few runs at my ability. Still fun

Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

Significant other is an avid skier and was impressed with variety of runs offered. The high speed lifts are awesome! This ski area offers solid surface parking, a great beginner bunny area, that a 3 year loved, (with fun obstacles to ski through) and challenging black diamonds and enjoyable blue and green areas. Something for everyone! A bonus of local Wisconsin craft beer and live music. The staff was friendly and the locals we were welcoming. We will be back!!

Reviewed 19 March 2015

great terrain, high speed lifts, solid grooming and nice facilities. Can't beat if for the short drive from Milwaukee.,

Been to Granite Peak? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK