“It just keeps getting better”
Review of Granite Peak

Granite Peak
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Wausau
Reviewed 19 March 2015

great terrain, high speed lifts, solid grooming and nice facilities. Can't beat if for the short drive from Milwaukee.,

All reviews
"upper midwest"
"busy weekend"
"few years"

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We came Sunday in hopes to rent the equipment and get ready for skiing next day. But we came at 4:30 and were told that the ski rental shop closes at 4 pm. So we went back to the hotel and came back next morning at 9 am, got skis and went to the ski lift just to find out that ski lifts open at 10. If you look at their web site working hours it is very easy to miss that because it is just one line lost among many lines stating that lifts open at 9 am. And if you look at the spring season there are no hours at all. Otherwise the place is decent.

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We have been coming here for ten years and it never disappoints. Great skiing for where it is and the runs really do a good job of keeping you excited and interested. Of course it would be great if this was a 4000 plus foot mountain but for what it is, it really is a great time. Our friends brought their kids for the first time and they enjoyed ski school to the point we had them on the lifts within one day. If you are a social person, the lounge area is a great place to warm up and you HAVE to try their Bloody Mary...love that drink!

Reviewed 28 February 2015

I did not want to go all the way out to Colorado and I did some searching for a midwest ski areas. This came up to the top, so I thought I would give it a try. We stayed at a down town hotel, but I was still only about 5 minutes away. Very convenient. The time I was there, it was bitterly cold, and it was during the week, so I had the whole mountain practically to myself. I could make a couple of runs, go to the chalet, warm up and be back on the lift in no time. It is not colorado, and after a couple of days of skilling the runs, I was ready to go. I consider myself an intermediate skier and primarily ski blue runs. However I was able to handle some the of blacks without any problems.

I would certainly consider going again, but I don't think I would not want to be there on weekends or holidays and deal with the crowds.