“Much better than I expected”

Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This was a really nice Days Inn. After driving all day, I was looking for cheap, but I got way more than that. It was very clean, staff was friendly, the beds were very comfortable and clean, and the warm pool was great for exercise.

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT next to the highway
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Nick P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your compliments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Our greatest compliment is for you to return to us for The Best Value UnderThe Sun. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

The webpage and the in room guest services directory, both state that there is a late check out upon request. We requested it, and request was denied. We took the book, stating that we can request it, down to the manager and the manager would NOT honor the request. We only stayed here because it specifically stated that we could have a late check out. Will never recommend this place nor stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank KMTP4
Nick P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I first would like to thank you for staying at DaysInn and Suites Wausau, Wisconsin.
I apologize for check out concerns you had experienced during your recent stay with us. I want to let you know that your feedback helps us to better serve each of our guests. I'm sorry we have not met your expectations. We do have late check out available upon request until 1:00 PM open availability. But our understanding was you wanted until 3:00 PM. Thats why we did mentioned that it is available with some extra cost and you did not want to pay the extra money.

I hope you give us another chance to prove our customer service standards and change the past experience. If you come to visit Wausau again please contact me directly to make your next reservation and make sure your stay is completely enjoyable. Thank you again for your feedback, we value you as guest and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We found this place to be welcoming. The lobby was bright and there was a staff person ready nearby when needed. The rooms were clean and basic. Bed was fine. Temperature in the room the first not was not working and could not move us because hotel was sold out. Maintenance did not fix until next day which should have been fixed that day if no rooms were available in the Wausau area. Wireless available as well as a computer in the lobby. Adequate continental breakfast. You certainly get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Nick P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7153555501.

Nick Patel
Days Inn & Suites

Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed at this property for one night and have to say it has to be among the cleanest places we've stayed in a long time. Staff was very friendly the entire time. We had a room in the back of the hotel and the snowplows were running all night, but we did not find it to be particularly noisy. In fact, I would suggest a room in the back due to the proximity to the Texas Roadhouse and other retail storefronts nearby. Nice pool and hot tub area.

I would also like to thank the hotel for including fruit and hard boiled eggs in the breakfast. My daughter is gluten-intolerant and we often find that there is nothing in a hotel breakfast buffet that she can eat, so we eat and then have to stop and buy her something. The morning we were there the Days Inn also had the waffle maker and sausage gravy with biscuits, which I was happy to eat.

I definitely recommend this property as a great stopover if you are in Wausau.

Room Tip: We preferred the room overlooking the freeway just to stay away from the traffic and large parking a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We used Wausau as a final airline destination on a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, to visit family members. On the way there, we booked Hampton Inn Wasusau, which was quite nice but WAY overpriced at $128 plus taxes, with only a 5% discount for AAA. On the way back, we stayed instead at Days Inn Rib Mountain instead, at less than half the price of Hampton. It was just as good, and is closer to the airport. We would definitely choose it for our next trip to the area. The pool/spa was clean and well maintained, with no users but me that day. WiFi worked fine and there were plenty of power outlets at the desk (often a problem elsewhere). Very good continental breakfast with some hot items, but I could not find a way to make or get hot water for the oatmeal. The TV was not flat screen, but worked fine. No HBO.. a minor drawback. No problem with the bed or pillows that some have mentioned, and I am a fussy sleeper. There is a Texas Roadhouse, McDonalds and Starbucks less than a block away. If you have time to kill in Wausau, I recommend the free Art Museum in a residential area near downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
2 km away
Courtyard Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau
5.4 km away
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Days Inn & Suites Wausau? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK