“Jambalaya”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 10 February 2018

This has to be the best jambalaya in Wisconsin! The do a nice range of salads, sandwiches, burgers, etc. but the homemade soups really shine.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We very often get food to go from here. Their Mararita pizza is addictove as it's so good. We also often eat their wings which they have many flavors to choose from.
My husband and I met there when it was the Beach Club in 1999 so it's neat to go back and eat in as well.
Handicapped accessibility is a plus. We've had larger groups and they took great care of us all.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Anytime people come to visit, I take them to Chain 'O Lakes Bar and Grill. I haven't been disappointed once at this place. They have the best wraps ever! Even if you don't like wraps, you will love theirs. They are packed full of everything, and have a ton of meat. Their soups are delicious and always an add on. Great burgers, wings (the best in town, don't let anyone tell you any different), pizza, appetizers, salads....it is all awesome.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Had lunch here and the food was not good. Poor quality food that tasted old and stale. Service was average at best. Place was dirty and full of flies. Can't recommend this place for dining or anything else.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We eat here every now and then, because the food is so good. We stay away for months because the service is so bad ( with one exception but she wasn't there tonight).

We went tonight (Wednesday). There was one table finishing up and a few people at the bar.
I figured this was the night we'd have good service. Wrong.
We waited a few minutes for Robbie to deign us with his presence. Took a drink order (we don't drink, which really seems to piss off the servers, because their battitudes come out.
When my fiancée returned her lemonade for being watery he tool it away without an apology or a question as to why. When he brought back her water, his pissiness was really showing.
A table of young millennials came in. Robbie had no problem chumming up to them, probably because they were younger.
We had ordered the gumbo/jambalaya and a pizza, because these two items are amazing.
After 45 minutes, we still didn't have our pizza.
I finally asked my fiancée if we should just get it to go. She agreed so I went to the kitchen to tell Robbie ( there were two other tables and 4 diners in the place.)
I saw Robbie disappear around the corner so I told the cook to just make our pizza to go.
Robbie came to the kitchen door and mumbled "sorry. " After a few minutes we got our pizza and a mumbled "I didn't charge you for the drink." But no real apology or explanation.

The food here is always good and they cater to local sports like volleyball and pool leagues, whose expectations of service are loose.

If they would just train their servers, this place would be a five star experience. I don't know why the owner/manager doesn't understand that they need training.

I'm sick of blasé service. If you train them you will do better and so will they. Your turnover would be lower, too.

WTF?