“Great outdoor bar and patio”

Chain 'O Lakes Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Waupaca
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and a drink today. Ate outdoors at long covered concrete bar. Biggest patio I've seen. Had cajun fried walleye and cajun baked perch. Both dishes cooked perfectly and very flavorful. Weaver was our server and was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We ate here recently on a weekend. We chose to sit inside even though the outside area looked inviting. Service was slow (getting food once ordered) but it was busy. The food was good. Two of us ordered a med pizza to share and took over half of it home even though it was very good. We noted the salads looked great and will order salads next time we go.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

The place was busy on a rainy evening when we stopped for dinner. A roofed patio area kept the outside diners dry. Inside we choose a booth. The wait staff was pleasant but business-like, perhaps because they were busy. The menu has lots of options including burgers, pizza, salads, fish, soups, wraps and other dinner options. We chose a haddock dinner with baked potato and a pizza and salad. The small cup of coleslaw accompanying the fish dinner had a grey color. The thin crust pizza was doughy, not cracker thin.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We eat here often. The food is always very good to excellent. The "Jambalaya" is excellent, although it really is Gumbo, but it is the best I've had outside of New Orleans!

Chicken BBQ Pizza is excellent, and the Blackened Tuna is also excellent. Burgers are very good, although I really don't care for the macaroni n cheese burger, but that's me.

Service is still a problem. It seems they never have enough servers for the business, and in the summer the training level of the servers goes down - they hire a lot of younger women, but don't seem to take the time to train them.

The regular /year round servers are pretty good, and I'm happy to say that refills and pre-bussing are happening with at lest some of them.

Even the regular/year round servers seem like they would rather not wait tables, but would rather serve/chat with each other or bar customers, than take care of their tables.

You will never see a manager at your table, checking on you or your food. I'm pretty sure I know who he is, but he seems to avoid the public. This is another pet peeve of mine, as a manager, you should check your tables and see how things are going. Most of the time everything will be fine!

Onto another pet peeve of mine - NOISE LEVEL! The bar is noisy. God help you if you want to talk and there is a tournament going on outside or inside. Yes, I know it's a bar with good food. Yes I understand it will be loud and I understand you make more money on liquor and beer than food.

Understand that by adding some fabric or acoustical ceiling tiles or anything that is not a hard surface, you will help to cut down the noise, which bounces here, there and everywhere, because 98% of the surfaces are wood!

Again, that is a pet peeve of mine, you may love great food in a 90+ decibel dining room!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Wonderful pizza here we got a large for 4 people and it was enough, I was really surprized...it has a most wonderful crust like I have never expienced before, very good....we had good service as well. I will definitely be back.