“Good bar cheeseberger”

JR's Sportsman's Bar & Grill
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Waupaca
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Good bar food, cool atmosphere, awesome in the winter time because of the real fireplace. Big menus for a small town bar.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stop in JR's for a good burger and fries or an Oriental Salad. The Friday fish fry is arguably one of the best in town. I like the hot beef sandwich and my husband loves the BBQ Pulled Pork. Try the mini tacos or cheese curds. A good place for a Bloody Mary. See the trophy's that adorn the walls from the hunters that gather at the Sportsmans Bar.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Great menu selection, good tap beer selection, food was "homemade" and delicious. Friendly service. Prices are fare. Daily specials are good selection. Good root beer on tap. I will come back again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and prompt.average food,great selections.but man,it is eerie in there,if u r a sportsman,u will love it.me,not so much.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My sister in law (SIL)and I met here for lunch. This has to be the worst service I have ever dealt with. We started with non-alcoholic drinks at the bar and asked if we could move elsewhere to eat, and the bartender said sure.
We sat at a table with our menus and waited, and waited, and waited. There were maybe 20 people in the whole place, so it wasn't very busy, yet we finally had to flag down a waitress to take our order. She came over with a definite attitude - as in how dare we. Simple sandwiches and fries took just as long as to receive as getting a waitress. When the food came, my SIL noticed she had the wrong order. The waitress, again with attitude, rolled her eyes took it and walked away, no apology, nothing. My SIL looked at each other like 'what just happened '?
When the waitress came from the kitchen, it was the only time she was nice (realizing SHE screwed up) to apologize for the mix up and state a new order was being made.
The food was, eh, typical. No one wanted my money when I went to pay either - by which time about 6 people were in the bar, so left the bill and cash at the bar. Don't need to worry about me coming back...not happening!

Date of visit: July 2017