“Fantastic prime rib”

Prime Bar Family Dining
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Trego
Reviewed 28 August 2017

A close friend recommended going to Prime Rib & so glad we tried there, the prime rib was outstanding. The cuts we got we almost all meat & tasted great & cooked just the way we ordered them. We will definitely be going back on our next trip up North. Service was terrific, actually our waitress was the chef's mother so was able to compliment his cooking. Also, easy to find, right on Hwy 53..

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Ordered the prime rib and it was amazing, soooo delicious. The cut was almost all meat and was moist and juicy and tasted outstanding. Next time we get back to Northern Wisc. will be certain to go there again. Easy to get to as it is right on the highway.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

On the way home from a wedding, stopped by for some breakfast. Wife had scrambled, ham, hash browns. I had eggs, pancakes, coffee. No real issues... just ordinary. Not many options in area.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Very disappointed. Walleye and hash browns overlooked. Nice salad with dinner. It's a Wisconsin family restaurant with a bar attached. Prices seemed a little high. Food was average at best. The place is clean but dated. Atmosphere is really basic. Server was not happy to be at work that day. Actually, I expected more for the money. I'll be back when I'm in Sconnie but won't go out if my way to go there.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

No fancy decor whatsoever. Tables all spaced close together in large room that could use a lot of updating. Just typical northern WI supper-club-family-style restaurant/bar. Reasonable prices and the prime rib special on Saturday night is dependably good. I judge by if the steak is done to my request (it was), served hot (it was), tastes good (it did) and reasonable portion at a fair price (it was). I ordered the small 12 oz but it was MORE than I could ever finish. Husband ordered the largest 32 oz or something upwards of that and finished the entire steak, pronouncing it "great". We have never had a bad steak here - nothing fancy - just wanted a place we KNEW would be consistent with the last time we were there and have a good meal. Salad is ice-berg lettuce and a slice of tomato - but the dressings (french and bleu cheese) tasted better than many I've had in upscale steak houses. Only critique is that the roll they serve with meals - ugh. One of those really sour-off-tasting cheap brands that you just can't eat without nearly gagging. Bread it cheap -- figure something out about that.

Date of visit: June 2017