Lark Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 78
Priceline
US$ 93
US$ 90
Priceline
All reviewscinnamon rollsstayed herenew ownersbedroom cabincontinental breakfasthomey feelingdvd playernon chainroom was cleanchain hotelsgreat little placebath towelscookie cutteryoung couplestay there againsmall refrigeratorfire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Biker friendly, welcoming staff, clean rooms. We have stayed in the rooms and the cabins several times. We like the cabins the best, it's romantic and cozy. This place is walking distance from downtown, which has some good eating places.

Room Tip: The cabins are romantic and cozy
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Looking for an overnight stopover on the way to the Twin Cities and came across the Lark Inn advertisement in AAA book. What a jewel of a find. After having stayed at 4 & 5 star luxurious hotels on this trip, the Lark Inn held its own with these properties in what a guest is looking for. Cleanliness, comfort, value for price, safety, and hospitality.

No, you will not get the luxury I had enjoyed but what you do get is total comfort and relaxation, a homey feeling, a welcoming reception, and a spotless room and grounds away from the hustle and bustle of a big city. The very nice lady at check-in and again at the morning continental breakfast was so nice and hospitable offering dvd's ice, etc. upon checking in. The grounds are spotless clean, and well thought out, i.e., a gazebo, park at your door, trees with benches to sit under, smoker's pole, and other well thought of enhancements.

I had a room in the log cabin and loved it. All the personal touches and the homey feeling it exuded made it so relaxing and comfortable. It had all you could want, microwave, mini-fridge, the usual toiletries, and plenty of bath towels/washcloths. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding with quilt were just the perfect touch. The comfortable swivel chair to sit back in and watch television was the just right for this room.

The continental breakfast offered was delicious and just what you needed Not too much and not enough. They found a perfect balance in what to offer their guests.

The owners and their employees definitely take much pride in the Lark Inn and it shows all around. I cannot highly recommend the Lark Inn enough if nothing else just to get away from the "rat-race" of life and the big city. This is one of those properties you will not forget and appreciate all the thought that went into making it a most enjoyable and relaxing stay. I certainly wish everyone at the Lark Inn the best of success as they do offer a wonderful stay. I look forward to a visit again at the Lark Inn and highly suggest you give them a visit when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Meandering thru WI. we were looking for a place to stay and came across the Lark Inn in our AAA book. What a a lucky find! Super clean, friendly,huge rooms with a charming quilt decor. They gave us an excellent suggestion for dinner and even helped us fix our computer. We have since recommended it to friends and will definitely return if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
LarkInnTomah, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for the kind words and recommendations. It truely was a pleasure meeting and visiting with you both. I wish all computer problems were as easy as yours. You two were some of the first to stay in our new wing of Classic Suites! Next time perhaps we will have one of our historic log cabins open. Do I dare say Go Huskers? Safe travels. -Mike Larkin

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Do not hesitate to stay here. I was beyond thrilled with the cleanliness, hospitality and value received at the Lark Inn. Our family stayed in a little 2 room cabin for $85 (which included all taxes.) The entire grounds were absolutely spotless and perfectly groomed lawns. I was looking, trying to find dirt and could not find any anywhere. Even the baseboards at the little store are spotless. You will not find a neater place traveling in family-priced accommodations. The beds were very comfortable. 2 airconditioners (one in each bedroom), televisions in each bedroom. Homemade cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee, cereals, yogurt, bagels, toast for breakfast (included in the price). Free LARGE selection of DVD's you can check out and watch in your room. They permitted me to view the room before making a decision whether or not to stay there (and they didn't look at me like I was putting them out for asking.) The ladies at the counter were of a mature age and very accommodating. I have stayed in many places (even significantly more expensive places) and the Lark Inn is my favorite. I wish they were closer to home, I would stay there for a retreat from time to time! Please do not hesitate to stay at this hotel. You will be satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ShannonHultz
LarkInnTomah, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you for staying with us at Lark Inn. Although it has always been our families aim to keep our property immaculate and our guests comfortable, it is our employees that deserve the credit. We have an excellent staff, many of whom have been with us for over twenty years. They take as much pride in the property as we do. I will certainly pass your fine comments on to our housekeepers, maintenance, and front desk staff. - Sharon Larkin

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed here with our two large dogs and found it to be clean, comfortable, and very dog friendly. Slept well. Beautifully kept grounds...plenty of space to play with our dogs. Only minor inconvenience was a plumbing issue....mixing valve problem...but didn't create a problem for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family