Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Excel Inn(Sturtevant)
Delta Hotels Racine(Racine)
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanstay there againbusiness centerwafflesfirst floorhot breakfastpool areamicrowavefreewaydeskaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2010

When checking in I was told the reservation was for one queen bed. This was not correct. He just pointed at the computer and said thats what it says. I said the reservation was for a King bed. He finally switched it to a king room.

The hotel was average..did have a private business center room. Our room also had a small fridge in the room.

The BIG problem we had was the bathroom smelled HEAVILY of Smoke. The main part of the room we openned the window and aired it out plus sprayed some body spray around. It wasn't nearly as bad as the bathroom was.I work at a Casino and that is what it smelt like in the bathroom. We had a Non-Smoking room.

Oh..I checked my reservation confirmation and yes it was a king room I reserved.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I travel quite a bit and try to find the good in most things. However, it was hard to find good in this hotel. I was charged more at checkin than quoted on phone and had booked more than one room. The air conditioning does not work properly. The carpets are dirty, the bathroom floor slimey. Parking lot small.
I would not consider this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2009

The hotel Staff is awesome, they are really helpful and nice. I have Stayed at this hotel twice and both the times i have had no issues what so ever. The hotel is somewhat old but the housekeeping staff sure does a nice job. The room sizes are good the bathroom is clean and has a plenty of hott water running all the time. all in all for the price they offer its an awesome place to stay. i would definitely stay there again when i visit racine late in oct this year.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2009

The room was nice size. Very clean! Shower had plenty of hot water. The pool was clean and we had a lot of fun. We'll definitly book here agian for next years event.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I got a free night from my travel club for this hotel. The actual room was okay. We got the 3 bed family suite which is why I booked this hotel. The beds were decent but not overly comfortable.

The pool was horrible. It was very small and the water smelled like dirty feet. After getting out of the pool, our bathing suits smelled like dirty feet as well even after they had dried.

The breakfast was your basic breakfast. The hotel did offer a computer and printer for free which helped for navigating the rest of our vacation I.e. mapquesting our future stops.

Best part of the area is a restaurant down the street called the Iron Skillet. They had an awesome buffet and the waitress was very nice.

Not much to do in the area either. We only used this hotel as a passing thru night, but I wouldn't even recommend it for that. I'm sure you can find something in the area that is better.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)