All reviewsranger stationpool areadoor countypoolsfacilities
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Nice remote campground in Door County, close to everything the county has to offer. Friendly staff great you on arrival. Most campsites are somewhat primitive, meaning water and electric are available with little to no stone placed for your RV to park. There are only a few "full" hookup sites available.

Facilities such as playgrounds, mini golf, pool and washrooms are dated or worn out. I understand that this is the first Jellystone Park of the franchise.

With children, the park has many activities for them. Be sure to pick up an activities schedule at the "Ranger Station" when you check in.

Overall, my gang enjoyed this campground and I will consider returning here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here overall but they could fix it up a bit. We get it it's a campground but believe the other reviews on here don't waste your time playing mini golf, it is in serious need of repair. Not even talking about the need of new carpeting but the fact that your ball gets stuck in holes, rotten boards, etc... Use a few of those dollars you make on the golf to keep the area up. I got a putter with no rubber handle and a ball that was so used it was smooth. The pool area can use a bit of attention too. Most Video games out of order too. But if your there to camp it's overall an ok stay, campsites are very close to each other. Not sure we will be rushing back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is the second Jellystone we have camped at and is so far the best. Booking was very easy, campsite prices were extremely reasonable, and our site was HUGE. Multiple playground sets and trees to climb kept our kids busy whenever we weren't using the pools or out exploring the county. The rainfall was terrible for 2 nights and left our site 6 inches under water. Other sites didn't seem to have that issue, but we were in a camper so it was okay.
Mini golf isn't free and and needs some major upkeep.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I've been coming here since I was a kid. I'm 38 now and have 3 kids and I still love this place. I've been to a lot of campgrounds, and I still think this one is the best. The best part about Jellystone Door County is the layout of the sites. Most campground's sites are lined up next to each other with nothing in between. DC Jellystone has lots of trees in between most of the sites that give you a bit of privacy. And the a lot sites are on winding roads throughout the park so they aren't lined up next to each other.
The park honestly has not changed much in 30 years. Which could be viewed as bad, but I think it's great. The buildings, mini golf, pools are pretty much unchanged. They added 2 cabins about 15 years ago, and 2 more last year. Some of the bathrooms have been updated and there's a newer main playground with 2 more in other spots. The goodie shop is great for ice cream (soft serve) and the ranger station has everything you need at reasonable prices.
The one thing I love about this place is the staff. It's owned by a family who bought it because their kids loved it. The kids are older now and they work there as a family (I think that's the story). They're friendly and there's not as much staff as other campgrounds. They aren't policing the campers all the time because they trust you.

I would say compared to other Jellystones, there's less activities for the kids, but being in Door County, there's so much other stuff to do, you never get bored. There's definitely daily planned activities, but maybe less participation. There's a public beach on Riley's Bay right down the road that we love to go to. It's a 2 minute drive or a 15 minute walk. The main pool is great. One of the few I've seen that is over 5 feet deep (I think it's 10 feet on the deep end). And then there's a smaller pool and a kiddie pool. One thing I don't like about the kiddie pool is that it is separated by a fence with no gate from the rest of the pool area. You have to go out one of the two gates and walk all the way around the outside area to get to the kiddie pool. I would suggest adding a secure gate to access the kiddie pool from the main pool area.

This is a very nice, clean, quiet campground and is very reasonably priced. We camp about 5-6 times a summer and I always look forward to this trip the most.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BnMdub
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Left tranquil timber camp ground because of the rude and mean woman manager. And checked in here on the same day without reservation. The front desk staff and the ground workers were so genuinely kind and helpful. They were such strong contrast to the previous camp ground on the same day. Can't appreciate more with what they offered here : nightly movie, yogi bear visit, Sunday morning outdoor service, clean ground and facilities, especially the nice workers with the smile and helpful manner. Sites are well maintained and tree shades everywhere. definitely will be back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family