All reviewsranger stationpool areadoor countypoolsfacilities
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I've been coming here since I was a kid. I'm 38 now and have 3 kids and I still love this place. I've been to a lot of campgrounds, and I still think this one is the best. The best part about Jellystone Door County is the layout of the sites. Most campground's sites are lined up next to each other with nothing in between. DC Jellystone has lots of trees in between most of the sites that give you a bit of privacy. And the a lot sites are on winding roads throughout the park so they aren't lined up next to each other.
The park honestly has not changed much in 30 years. Which could be viewed as bad, but I think it's great. The buildings, mini golf, pools are pretty much unchanged. They added 2 cabins about 15 years ago, and 2 more last year. Some of the bathrooms have been updated and there's a newer main playground with 2 more in other spots. The goodie shop is great for ice cream (soft serve) and the ranger station has everything you need at reasonable prices.
The one thing I love about this place is the staff. It's owned by a family who bought it because their kids loved it. The kids are older now and they work there as a family (I think that's the story). They're friendly and there's not as much staff as other campgrounds. They aren't policing the campers all the time because they trust you.

I would say compared to other Jellystones, there's less activities for the kids, but being in Door County, there's so much other stuff to do, you never get bored. There's definitely daily planned activities, but maybe less participation. There's a public beach on Riley's Bay right down the road that we love to go to. It's a 2 minute drive or a 15 minute walk. The main pool is great. One of the few I've seen that is over 5 feet deep (I think it's 10 feet on the deep end). And then there's a smaller pool and a kiddie pool. One thing I don't like about the kiddie pool is that it is separated by a fence with no gate from the rest of the pool area. You have to go out one of the two gates and walk all the way around the outside area to get to the kiddie pool. I would suggest adding a secure gate to access the kiddie pool from the main pool area.

This is a very nice, clean, quiet campground and is very reasonably priced. We camp about 5-6 times a summer and I always look forward to this trip the most.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BnMdub
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Left tranquil timber camp ground because of the rude and mean woman manager. And checked in here on the same day without reservation. The front desk staff and the ground workers were so genuinely kind and helpful. They were such strong contrast to the previous camp ground on the same day. Can't appreciate more with what they offered here : nightly movie, yogi bear visit, Sunday morning outdoor service, clean ground and facilities, especially the nice workers with the smile and helpful manner. Sites are well maintained and tree shades everywhere. definitely will be back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We had a great time staying at Jellystone - Door County! The kids absolutely loved the outdoor activities, playground and nightly movies. There was an excellent variety of sites to choose from and all appeared to have good access to park amenities. The restrooms were clean, but in dire need of updating. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016

My family stayed there for the past week and we all enjoyed our stay. Every staff member that we talked to was very polite and always had the answers to any questions we had.

When we first checked in they gave us our assigned site and it took less than 5 minutes to fully check in. The site that they assigned us was very large and shaded but not the best for tent camping since the entire site was full of decent sized rocks and gravel, instead of the normal crushed gravel or grass. Each site has electric and water hook ups but the water had a funny flavor and smell to it so I wouldn't recommend using it. The electrical boxes had one 20 amp standard electrical outlets and one 30 amp RV hook up. The site was on a slope so during the heavy rain our site had water running over it and water collecting in all the low areas so our tent floors felt like we were walking on water, this isn't the parks fault but instead just the way of the land so I don't hold this against them. You need to keep in mind that this campground is out in the country so wildlife is all around one. We were sitting around a fire that was dying out and not very bright and heard something near us, we turned the flashlight on and there was a raccoon about 5 feet away from us but it ran away when we turned on the flashlight. This isn't really out of the ordinary but just a reminder to keep your site clean and take precautions to keep away the raccoons.
We biked down the road the runs along side the campground and had a fox run out in front of us, this was pretty neat to see.

The showers were definitely dated, the showers near the pool area just had a push button that you kept having to push to keep the water on, you could not adjust the temperature so the shower on the first night was very hot and the shower head was not very good. I did not use the showers in the building near the dump station. The showers in the meadow area were better, you could adjust the temperature but the shower heads were still bad. If they spent a few dollars on each shower and changed the shower heads the showers would be much better.

The pool area was kind of nice, there are two pools and one kid pool. The one pool starts off at 3 feet deep and then goes to 8 feet deep. The second pool starts at 3 feet deep and ends at around 5 feet deep. The kids pool is somewhat small but about the right size for a few toddlers. The pools are in decent shape but the concrete around the pools is in rough shape and breaking apart. The water temperature was perfect in all the pools. The biggest complaint I have about the pool area is that on Wednesday a group from the Boys and Girls Club came to use the pool. The group was supervised but when you get a bunch of preteens and teens together they can be obnoxious and the pool was somewhat crowded at that point. This should be disclosed to the people paying to stay at the campground.

The mini-golf area was fun but once again in need of repairs or upgrades, the course is weathered and starting to fall apart in some areas. It was only $3.50 per person to play and we all enjoyed it.

The shuffleboard areas were a blast and in decent shape. They charge a $2 refundable deposit to get the pucks. This was a fun way to spend a few hours.

There are also two basketball hoops but they are both in rough shape and could use some minor maintenance but they are still usable and we enjoyed using them.
Next to one of the basketball hoops are two horseshoe pits, these are in fine shape and playing horseshoes was fun.

Compared to other Jellystone parks there aren't many park run activities going on but we were able to keep ourselves busy.

There is also a sandy beach about 1/2 mile away from the campground, the beach is pretty nice and the water is shallow and seemed clean. Be sure to check this out.

Overall we all enjoyed our stay and might be back in the future. With a few cheap and easy repairs or updates this place could easily get 4 or 5 star reviews.

Room Tip: Specify if you want a shaded or a meadow site when you make the reservation. Bring your own drinking water. Use the showers in the meadow.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Front desk and staff were very polite and helpful, no complaints there. My problem is that they let people park their units whichever way they want....I literally am in the middle of an open field with a U shaped party facing my camper on one side, and another large party facing the front...family in the middle of party central.

Can't keep power to my MH because so many drawing off the post...tripped breaker three times just trying to run fridge and fan...can't even consider AC....call the front and they nicely tell me "yep it does that when we are full"....

Pool areas are older and rough, kids like them though and there is a beach nearby. Lodge/store is clean.

Just stuck in the middle of huge groups of partying people and not enough power to run half my coach.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family