“Heaven on earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Robertson's Cottages
Reviewed 12 October 2016

This is exactly what you expect when you imagine a cottage in Door County. Quaint, quiet and all the basics you'll need for your stay. We rented the "Sunrise", one of 2 cottages on the island. We appreciated the solitude of staying on the island. The views were spectacular and the people were as charming as the cottages themselves. We will be back again next year (we've already reserved) and we'll be back for many years to come.

Room Tip: The island offers the most privacy and best views
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I have been visiting Robertson's Cottages nearly every summer for the last 40 years. The cottages are rustic, housekeeping cottages that have a very homey feel and the owners are wonderful hosts. Recently, I have been staying at the island cottage called Sunrise. It is surrounded by water on three sides and the other side is woodsy. The sunrises can be appreciated right through the picture window in the living room, but better still, walk outside and enjoy the sunrise over the water -- nothing like it. Because the cottage is on an island, it is very quiet and relaxing -- there is no traffic noise to deal with -- just the passing of fishing boats now and then. A pontoon boat can be rented at a nominal fee to get to the cottage if you don't have a boat of your own - but once you are on the island, you may not want to go anywhere else. Thanks to Beth, John, Lisa and Johnny for a great nature experience - year after year.

Room Tip: Mid-summer reservations are difficult so inquire early
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We love this place! If you are looking for a cool place that has a cottage feel- then this is the place. If you are looking for a five star hotel- then scoot on down the road where you will pay triple of what Robertsons charge. The owners go out of their way to make your stay fun and relaxing. Speaking of the owners, they are so interesting! There is a lot of history that comes along with every inch of the grounds. Wonderful place owned by wonderful people. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

After several considerations I decided on the Sunset Cottage on The Island. Since this was a multi generation family trip I needed a cottage that allowed for my particular needs of a 68 yr old woman with some physical concerns; 2 grandchildren, 8 and 6 yr old; and my adult son (my husband, daughter, and teenage grandson were coming also).

We were all so pumped so of course when we got there and there had be a confusion on our reservation we were very disappointed. We were in the Sunrise not Sunset. We were also disappointed with the weather and the multitudes of mosquitos it produced.

When I expressed my concern we couldn't switch because it had been rented. But they compensated by giving us a break in price. We also were determined to enjoy our time no matter what...and we did.

If u like the rustic antique laden experience, with a focus on flora and fauna; with an opportunity to visit both High Cliff and Potawatomi consider Robertsonscottages.com. it's history is very interesting.

Thank u John.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2014

My husband and I spent a week at the end of August in Edgewood Cabin. We had a screened in porch very close to the lake. Sitting there in a rocking chair with a rum and coke watching the beauty of the lake and the trees was breathtaking. I could have done that all week, but of course we wanted to see the whole peninsula. It was also not congested with other cabins - very peaceful.

We had a beautiful stone fireplace, and the cabin was generally very clean. I had noticed in another review someone said he was unhappy with all the spiders. I never saw one spider! My only complaint was the mattresses were not too comfortable, and I slept on the couch. Also, the couches (2) were not very clean. I used the sheets I had taken for the beds on the couches. We had a long ride on their sailboat - which was enjoyable. I would go there again, but I would want Edgewood Cabin. The beauty of the area is fantastic!

Room Tip: This was not a hotel!
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family