US$ 123
US$ 168
US$ 129
US$ 127
US$ 118
Country Villa Motel and Country Camping(Chippewa Falls)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Beds comfy and jimmy dean breakfast muffins were delicious. Manager was over worked but very friendly. Easy access as the hotel is right off the interstate. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the standard room. We checked in at 11pm and out at 6am. Our stay was short, but just needed a place to rest our heads before moving on. Thank you!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cafraley
Reviewed 26 April 2017

The manager Sam is really nice. He made me a pizza at 11 PM. LOL, I was too tired to drive anymore so he was really kind to help me out. The room and bathroom were spotless. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. They are modernizing this hotel so things will be changing in the next few months aesthetically with new comforters/bedding, wall decor and lighting. My room faced the freeway, I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to sleep, I didn't hear a thing all night. The wifi worked really good, no lag at all. Parking is good and spacious enough for semis or any vehicle with a trailer.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank RobinMcV
Reviewed 7 March 2017

One and a half months AFTER I made a guaranteed reservation at this property for 4 nights, 6 months in advance, I hear a message on my home machine. They were asking me to call back because they were under new ownership and they would have to raise my rate to keep this room.

If a reservation is guaranteed, but they can just raise the price, what are they exactly "guaranteeing"?

They left 2 messages, and I attempted to call back, but the manager was not on duty. I left my cell, and they attempted to call that number, leaving me the same message.

Eventually, I went on line because I was not given any information, nor was I willing to pay more just because they decided the previous owners weren't charging enough. I understand contract law, and if you buy a business, you buy its liabilities and its outstanding contracts. I am quite confident I would have a case here should I desire to take it to small claims court, but who is going to take the time to sue a hotel in a different state for what couldn't possibly amount to more than a couple hundred dollars. And they KNOW this, which is why they feel they can ask this.

They never told me by how much the rates would go up but judging by the best rates on line, it would have been something like $50 a night, which on a $74 a night reservation is a hell of a markup.

When I did talk to someone, he was almost tripping over himself to get me to just cancel.

When they responded to my online objection, here is what their response was when I told them that they were committing fraud in the inducement resulting in breach of contract:

hello,
we have changes in the policy for that special events time, and we do apology for that but this is new management with new franchise so we don't promises to you that the reservation will be stay continue as we are remodeling this hotel too, so I request you to make reservation again so that we can fix it with new occupancy. and as we informed you before 4 moths so you can make changes too.
thank you kindly.

WHAT?!?

I took that to mean that they were not willing to work with my existing reservation.

So, I did what they wanted me to do...I cancelled and booked elsewhere.

I suggest that you book elsewhere as well.

A reputable business does not illegally break contracts that existed prior to their ownership, even if there is no legal recourse (which there really is not).

If you have a problem, what are the odds they will be able to help you if a) this is what they pull, and b) this is how they communicate?

It may be a lovely hotel, I'll never know.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Dale P
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The ownership has upgraded amenities in the room the last 6 months.
Service has never been a problem. Staff are friendly and address any
issues that come up immediately. If you like like your shower to be
hot immediately this is your place! Breakfast is good. They could
change up the offering from time to time. A premium grade coffee
would be a nice improvement. Many TV channel options and very good internet service.

Room Tip: First floor in winter months.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kenneth K
Reviewed 27 November 2016

The hotel was neat and clean and it was right off the highway so it was easy to get there. The rooms were spacious and the sink was separate from the bathroom and that is handy when a person is getting ready to go somewhere.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family