“Good, locally-owned restaurant”

Tracks Bar and Family Dining
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Spooner
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We visited for Friday fish fry. While the parking lot was very full, there were still tables available. The restaurant is quite large. The fish fry is only all-you-can-eat, so those with smaller appetites may not find it the best deal. You do get the option of broiled, fried, or half and half which is nice. My fried fish was very tasty with a nice crisp batter. You also get several side choices - I chose steamed broccoli - more than just fries or baked potato. The meal was served with the salad bar which had plenty of options and was nice and fresh. My other half had the brisket sandwich basket. It was served on a pretzel bun and was yummy too. We had great service even though it seemed as though they might have been short a hand or two. Overall, good local fare. Not fancy, but good food and clean restaurant. Would definitely stop back to try other menu items and other nightly specials.

1  Thank Eisme77

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

OMG where has this fish been for the last 25 years of my life! This Friday fish was by far the best I've had and, I would seriously consider the 4.5 hour drive again just to get some more. I wasn't expecting much for a 930 pm carry out but, they gave me salad containers to make my salad from the very decent salad bar and soup containers to fill.
We opted for the baby reds with our fish fry and I was more than surprised. Tucked into a tin foil nest with garlic, Parmesan, parsley and butter.... Oh my. The fish came in three huge chunks, crispy, flavorful batter-fried heaven. Not oily or greasy even after the car ride back to the hotel. The smell is still in my truck and I might not open the windows so I can savor it longer.
By the time we got to the food, I would have expected it to be cool and limp. We all burned our mouths diving in and just looked at each other in amazement.
I'm from Milwaukee. We know our fish fries. This is better than anything I've had in 25 years.
I hear they serve steak... I'm in town for another night. You know where I will be.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Tracks was recommended by the hotel staff in Spooner.
Exterior appearance was good, interior was a little more open than I prefer, but was still inviting.
My coworker and I both had the fried walleye, and I will say that it is the best walleye I've had in a long time!

The best part of our visit (and it was all good), was our Hostess/waitress, Jackie!
She did absolutely everything perfectly! And to top it off, she wore the most genuine smile I have ever seen.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRACKS!!

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We visited Spooner for a birthday weekend and Tracks was recommended to us. We were greeted by the sweetest server and seated. The menu had a wide variety of food which impressed me! I had lobster tail and it was wonderful! My daughter had a yummy steak and my husband said his wings were great! We told the server that it was my daughter's birthday and she brought out not one but two pieces of cheesecake complete with candle and singing! Great service. Great food! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Tracks is simply THE place to go for Friday night fish fry buffet dinner. Everything is delicious and you won't go home hungry. Priced right too. The only negative about writing this review is that it will cause even more people to go to an already packed house. There can be a wait sometimes for sure.