“Unexpectedly delicious”

Nick's Family Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Spooner
Cuisines: American
Description: Nick's Family Restaurant Provides All Occasions Catering, Meeting Room, All Day Breakfast, Roasted Chicken, Real Pizza Burgers, Friday & Saturday Night Buffets And Sunday Morning Brunch Buffet To The Spooner, WI Area.
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We were "up north" in Spooner, WI and stopped here for breakfast. Wow! It was delicious and we wish this place was in our town!

The waffles with strawberries we're yummy. Perfectly cooked bacon. French toast was great. However, the star of the meal was the Homemade Sweet Roll - layers of light cinnamon covered goodness smothered in icing WOWZERS!!

We will be back....

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We had a very tasty lunch. My companion had chix wings and fries I had a club sandwich with curly fries. There was a display of wonderful looking pies we did not try

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I mostly do take out and it's hot, fresh, always on time for pick-up. They have great service and great monthly specials.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Nick's is true to it's name as a nice family restaurant. It has the typical fare, along with some specialties, like broasted chicken. We came in about lunch time, but hadn't had breakfast yet, so I ordered the "hungry man breakfast" which was bacon, eggs, with toast and hash browns ($8.99). My wife wanted lunch, so she had a turkey club sandwich with french fries (also $8.99). The food was good, but pretty much the same as you'd expect and get at any family restaurant. The only thing a bit off-putting was that her sandwich had raw onion on it, in addition to the turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato. This was the first time either of us had ever seen that. The star of the meal was the pie that we had after our meals. We don't ordinarily have dessert, but with a large rotating pie case in the middle of the dining room, and some delicious looking selections on there, we couldn't resist. We we asked for the flavors available and she got to rhubarb, I knew that I had my choice. I love both rhubarb and strawberry rhubarb pies. It was nice and tart, and very satisfying. My wife's selection of blueberry was equally good, as these were clearly home made pies, not cooked frozen ones. At $2.99 each, this was a real bargain. I guess my summation would be, 'go for the food, stay for the pies'.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stopped at Nick’s while driving across Wisconsin. We were really glad we did. They serve breakfast all day, and have a full lunch and dinner menu. The desserts looked fantastic, but we were really full after our meals. The Rueben sandwich was full of corned beef and excellent sauerkraut. My husband had the omelette special, which he really liked. We were satisfied and the prices were great.

Date of visit: October 2017