“I was there nine days and could not complain.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sparta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sparta
Reviewed 4 December 2010

The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable, however there is not a chair for just relaxing in [in my room]. The pool was nice, hot tube great for the end of the day, the bar next to the pool was reasonably priced. They did allow smoking in the bar, I do believe state law has changed since my stay and that is not allowed now. The staff was great, always willing to help out. The downside to this location is there is not a gym on site but there is a Snap Fitness probably less than two miles away that is free to people staying at the hotel which is better than anything any hotel could offer and well worth the short drive. Given the time of year I was there, snow machines are the mode of transportation in Wisconsin. Your sleep might be interrupted by one flying by, but that's not really the fault of the hotel. Ft. McCoy is a short drive away as are several bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2010
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sparta

Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and really loved the place. Great, clean room. Excellent, friendly service. Good location and easy drive or bike ride to the trails. I did not really like the layout of the indoor hot tub/pool right beside the small bar toward the back, but we didn't have time to swim or lounge at the tub and don't really visit the bars anyway. But our room was large, spic and span clean, nice large TV, easy first floor access. Even though the hotel is fairly close to the interstate, noise was never a problem. This was hands down the best stay our our trip.

When we left Saturday I forgot my wedding ring. I know I should not have removed it anyway, but it's a bit tight and I have a bad habit of removing it to rub finger. And to be honest we were beat from our bike ride earlier that day so I was not in the most alert frame of mind. Anyway, thankfully we did not notice it the entire day of Saturday on our 16 hour drive home to Georgia. In fact, I did not notice it until around 2pm Sunday, after which I spent the remainder of Sunday searching our house and all our luggage. Lots of fun that.

Again, fortunately, my wife had a clearer head than me, recalled seeing my ring at the hotel room the next morning. Maybe my search Sunday was punishment to remind me to be more attentive ;-}. Anyway, I called the Inn and Suites Monday afternoon and sure enough the staff had found the ring and turned it in. The hotel graciously agreed to mail me the ring and we now have it back and my wife is joking about having it implanted into my finger. She's just joking . . . hopefully.

So, I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel not only for a great stay but for their honesty as well.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Great Stay. There for our son's wedding.
Nice and convenient. Quiet room.
Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2010

I absolutely loved this hotel..The rooms were very nice and very clean as was the entire hotel. The free breakfast was very good with lots of choices. The pool and hot tub were also very nice. The beds were sooooo comfortable with lots of pillows!!! I really enjoyed the small cocktail lounge they have on site right off the pool area...drinks were very reasonably priced and the atmosphere was so relaxing. The staff was helpful and friendly. The only real problem I had with the place was that there was no guide channel for the TV which really has nothing to do with the hotel itself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Manitowoc, WI
Reviewed 3 May 2004

We found the Country Inn in Sparta a delightful experience.
Spotless rooms with clean and fresh aroma as the door was opened.
Shari ,emplyee of the year, was true to the award bestowed upon her. Our check-in was fast and efficient with a sweet smile and courteous attitude. Our requests were quickly acted upon with "no problem".
The breakfast was also a good experience. All the other guests interacted as though they were as happy as we were. The food was fresh and there was plenty of it.
I will always seek a Country Inn when I travel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparta
4.8 km away
26.3 km away
Lark Inn
Lark Inn
#3 of 11 in Tomah

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sparta? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK