“Don't...please just don't..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Sparta B&B and Inns
Orfordville
“Don't...please just don't..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

When we pulled up we almost immediately turned around. The couches on the front walks & the crowd smoking at the main entrance were not inviting. Even with the proof of booking online, the man, who didn't speak a word of english, couldn't find our reservation ... thank goodness. We offered to find something else. In the taxi ride back to our (other) room after the concert there was conversation about our experience & the taxi driver, along with another passenger that lived local, were quite adamant that it was a blessing for us to not have stayed there & advised us that it's known to be a crack house & that dead bodies have been carried out from over-doses.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank DarlaMatt G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Although near the bike trail, this is a nasty little motel. Several of the units are occupied by long term renters so with the furniture spillover to the space in front of each unit gives the overall feel of a flop house. The unit was not clean (I can't be certain the sheets were, in fact, laundered.) Maintenance was a big issue with the overall property being in a state of disrepair. The breakfast is a joke (fruit loops or raisin bran.) Spend a little more and stay at a real motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank David S
Joppa, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at this motel for a week while doing a bike tour in the area. Location is great, easy walking/cycling distance to trails, restaurants, museum, parks etc. Room was clean initially, and was probably very nice when it was first built 30 years ago. Beds were comfortable, but you might want to bring your own pillows. The room we were in had a fridge and microwave and that was good. Overall i would have given the hotel a 4 star rating except for the housekeeping, there was none. We went two days without the room being cleaned, bed made, garbage taken out etc. When i asked the manager, he told me to talk to the housekeeping person. When i found the housekeeping person, he said "My bad", and gave us fresh towels and took out the garbage. After that he took out the garbage one more time but never vacuumed, made the bed, straightened up, normal housekeeping chores. Overall i would stay here for one night maybe, but nothing longer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BikeGuru
Trimont, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We had two rooms for 2 nights. When we got there they didnt even have the 2nd room on the reservation we made. We had to pay extra for the 2nd room even though we reserved both before the trip. The 2nd room had hair in the bathtub left over from previous stayers, mine and my boyfriends room smelled really gross, our shower head leaked. We told them that we have a baby with so we would be bringing a playpin and there wasnt any room to put the playpin. You coudnt see through the pool, it was very dirty and disgusting. The air conditioners in the rooms didnt even work, we were there for a full hour and you coul not feel any air coming out of it. The complimentary breakfast was just cereal, nothing else. We got our money back and went somewhere else. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, specially if you have a baby with you. I was not going to let my 7 month old sleep in such a crappy hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendysmommy_2010
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I braved the reviews and decided to check this place out for the price. I asked the guy at the front counter to see the rooms prior to check in. All the rooms are non-smoking but I'm certain that a few did not heed the warning. The reviewers are right about the smell being peculiar. I didn't like the smell. I mentioned the discount a website was giving me and he gave me a better rate and upgraded me to a double queen that I liked the most out of the three he showed me. Wireless internet is available but intermittent. There's a fridge that needs defrosting but the microwave works just fine as does the A/C. No bugs or bed bugs. It's very dark in the room without opening the curtains. Fresh air is a good idea anyway. It's a motel, not a hotel or inn. It's far from luxury, but it's a cheap place to sleep and that's all I expected from here so I'm satisfied overall. You get what you pay for, and I got what I expected.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank thetxcritic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparta
3.8 km away
33.6 km away
No photo provided
Old Towne Motel
#1 of 1 in Westby

Been to Best Nights Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK