All reviews lake st lakeside king hot tub lake view solon croix retreat fridge
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed for the long Independence Day weekend. It was our first time back in a number of years, and what a surprise! The new owners have cleaned and/or upgraded just about everything we saw. Our lake view room had a microwave and fridge, and a nice deck. In the lobby there was always GOOD coffee, and the homemade pizza in the bar was a surprise bonus.

But the REAL good news is the people. Everyone I encountered seemed actually glad to see me - a real "welcome home" atmosphere. I recomment this great property to EVERYONE, and we WILL be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The location of the property on Lake St. Croix is really beautiful...lake view rooms are very nice...but in the end, the service at this privately owned hotel was above and beyond anything I would have expected. In brief, my wife and I were on an ATV trip and had left our vehicle at the trailhead that morning. On the trail, our ATV had a flat tire that was not repairable on the trail. We limped our way to the hotel, and started to consider our options. When we checked in, we asked the owner if there were any repair shops that could fix our tire. The closest one was 45 miles away...and without even asking, the owner offered to drive me there the next morning...and provided me all the tools and jack to get my tire off the ATV...he waited with me while they fixed the tire...and then drove me back. We were back on the trail that morning! I desperately attempted to pay him for his time and mileage...but he would not take any money for this amazing service. The owners are extremely friendly...there is a beautiful deck right off the water...a fun little bar with a friendly bartender who has worked there for 15 years. The owners recently purchased this property as a retirement business...if there are negative reviews, I bet it was based on the previous ownership. These folks know how to take care of their customers. Our lakeside king had a fridge, microwave, comfortable bed, balcony looking over the lake...just a really nice place. They also have a party room they rent for a very reasonable price. (you learn a lot about the hotel when you are in a car for 90 minutes when he took me to fix the tire!) . They are experienced owners of hotels...and it shows in how they run their property and their amazing service! Can't thank them enough...they saved our trip!

Room Tip: lake side is beautiful...balconies provide amazing views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gordon D
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Newly renovated rooms with the cabin look and feel. We took a lake view, which included a balcony & chairs. We used the brand new bicycles to bike a block away into town. The town has a great coffee/gift shop, restaurant, bank/ATM, library & grocery store. We also chose to use the brand new kayaks (a canoe was available, too). There is a bar with, a limited menu, but the in-house pizza was fantastic! There is outside & inside seating, overlooking the lake. A boat launch is adjacent to the property. The indoor swimming pool & hot tub were perfect temperatures & very clean. We enjoyed our romantic resort getaway & are already planning a return trip. We will rent the pontoon next time, also brand new & top of the line quality.

Room Tip: The top (2nd) floor with the lake view is our preference.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Great little getaway. Beautiful setting with the huge pines and lake. Nice bar, good pizza and comfortable rooms. Staff is amazing. Very clean. Nice pool and hot tub. Looking forward to a summer stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JMJ8688
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The rooms were dated, no heat in December. Asked for a different room and that room was worse. Next morning , gentleman was passed out in front of breakfast area.When the rest of our group came down, employees were talking about us complaining about the cold. After a miserable night of ice cold air blowing out of their vent in my face all night, got out of there as fast as possible. Thank God for heated car seats

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family