“Post swim meal”

Lakeview Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Shell Lake
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Friendly and fast service, fair prices, and the fun atmosphere made me glad we stopped in. My wife loved the salad bar and I found the cheese curds very squeaky!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Food was very good, service was excellent, prices were very reasonable. Stayed in Shell Lake on overnight back to Chicago from a fishing trip in Canada. Eat here because of the reviews which were correct.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Food was very good. Sat on patio and watched sunset while eating a good meal. Good selection of beer too!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This restaurant has such a friendly and accommodating staff. Very nicely and recently remodeled inside. General American-style menu, very good food, large portions. Excellent location in Shell Lake, right on a corner across from lake.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I gave one star due to the fact that no stars was not allowed. I was in town for business and had wanted to dine at a local restaurant. My coworker and I walked in and found a table in the front of the restaurant. Only one other couple was in the front. A large group was in the back of the restaurant. By the time the waitress came back to take our order, the front of the restaurant had filled with locals having lunch. My coworker ordered wings and I ordered a grilled cheese and a drink. I saw people that were seated after us receiving their meals. They had ordered hamburgers and sandwiches etc. When our meal arrived almost 25 minutes later, the cheese on my grilled cheese was not melted. When I showed it to the waitress, she explained that the large party in the back had overwhelmed the kitchen staff. I understand that happens. My waitress said she would speak with the manager. She came back several minutes later to tell me the manager would comp the sandwich but that I had to pay the $1.50 for the can of coke.

I rated the food poor because this site would not let me enter a rating without it. I have to believe the chefs are exceptional and put up quality food but they do not stand a chance when management overbooks the restaurant!

It is apparent that the front of the house manager is lacking in several skills. It was obvious that the front of the house manager had no issue overloading the kitchen by either a.) over booking without concern for scheduled staff or b.) not discussing with the kitchen manager a booked party of that size.

No matter the scenario, I feel I was poorly treated. I am used to better customer service than was shown at this location. To be told that the meal was complimentary but I had to pay for the Coke confirmed the lack of quality customer service. I understand being busy but the fact that the manager did not come to the table is unacceptable.

1  Thank cgas1218