1,156 results
All reviews water park bedroom villa outdoor pool lazy river beacon restaurant lake michigan mini golf ice cream life guards bunk beds snack bar older kids family suite aquarium room all ages gift shop boathouse room
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We had won a one night stay at the Blue Harbor at a charitable raffle and decided to use it on a Friday night. I was thingking that we would have a terrible room, but were given a first floor room, only a hundred feet away from the waterpark.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Once again I find my expectations exceeded while staying at a hotel that has a bunch of questionable reviews on TripAdvisor.

Met another family for a winter getaway. First of all I'd like to say that after taking a long walk along the shoveled path along Lake Michigan, this place would be wonderful in the summer. I imagine also busy and crowded, but the fire pit and chairs along the lake looked promising. It really is a pretty property.

Pluses:
Lots of rooms that can accommodate a family/more than 4 people...and the rooms were roomy...we could move around, we weren't on top of each other, the fireplace and balcony were really nice touches. Decent sized fridge, real coffee pot, microwave and bar sink in room. High ceilings, crisp, clean linens, downy pillows and comforter. Toiletries were nice, including bath salts for the HUGE, deep, tub. At $268 a night a little steep, but I felt it was in line with the quality.

Friendly staff, everyone I crossed paths with was friendly, and I felt welcome everywhere from the coffee shop, to the restaurant, spa, etc.

Check-in was effortless and took less than 15 minutes. Thank you.

Spa was lovely. Massage was good, staff was welcoming.

The flow rider in the waterpark. FUN! The lifeguards running the Flow Rider were super great...esp. the kid on Friday night, super helpful with teaching guests how to 'surf'

Minuses (things that aren't deal breakers, but could make a good experience great)

There really is only 1 elevator at the end of each hall. Its also small. Overall this wasn't a big deal as there are large, wide stairways, but if it was really crowded this could be an issue.

They really should install a double door by the waterpark area, as others have complained it is really cold...a door install would pay for itself in heating, cooling costs.

The waterpark gets crowded. Sunday was great, Friday was great, Saturday was up for grabs. You had to be stealthy to stake out your territory, and patient with others as far as taking turns with tubes, slides, space, etc. (but its a high peak time and area, so its a given). I thought the size was great. It was enough, without being too much.

The snack bar staff was not super efficient, but they were at least nice about it...had I been in the line on the busy Saturday I might not feel the same. With a ton of noise and a crowd the waterpark wasn't the most zen experience, but the kids loved it. I will say the chlorine was just.too.much. Not sure if it was me, or if it was super strong. I never understand why places aren't switching to salt water pools.

I will also never understand spa designers who do not include a steam room in a spa, nothing is nicer after a nice massage than time in a steam room. Showers in the changing room that likely never get used, when that space could be a steam room. In fact there is no steam room or sauna as far as I am aware in this facility. They also did not have a male therapist on staff. Big strong hands, a very deep massage followed by a sauna is one of life's underrated gifts.

1  Thank home2much
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

2 families of 8 rented a family fireplace suite. The good: Room was great, clean and plenty of room for our families. Customer service is top notch. Everyone we encountered was very nice and accommodating. The bad: waterpark is small. At peak time of around 2pm there were not enough tubes for everyone and you we spent alot of time waiting for someone to give up theirs. If you go to the waterpark, after 7pm was a much better time. Barely anyone there and plenty of avail tubes. Used the fitness center for my morning run. Treadmills well worn and full of some sticky substance on them. Nothing to wipe them down with. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Beacon. Overpriced subpar food. Burgers were dried out and full of salt. Cocktails were extremely over priced. I'd recommend eating offsite if possible. Breakfast was your typical fare. They had an omelet station which was nice. If you want true waterpark experience loom towards the Dells.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nenad I, Director of Rooms at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. This gives us an opportunity to recognize our shortcomings and rectify them when we can. I will definitely share your feedback with the Management team and we will address the issues that we can change.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nenad I.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We rented a 4 bedroom villa for ourselves, 6 adult children and 6 grandchildren as a family Christmas gift. I chose this resort as our grandchildren are under 4. It looked toddler friendly and was a much smaller scale than Wi. Dells waterparks. They also do not make it a 2 night minimum. A few weeks before our arrival we decided to spend the pricey amount to reserve a cabana. This would guarantee us some seating for a large group. Unfortunately the morning of our arrival I was called to say the cabana was unavailable. Needless to say we were disappointed. Mariah was the manager having to make this call and was sincerely apologetic but offered to refund the charge. She went out of her way to reserve us tables with towels, water and ice near the toddler area, as well as many other complimentary certificates to be used at the park. All at no cost. It made our visit a very memorable one. As I had thought it was very toddler friendly. Food was reasonable and good, not great. Our villa was clean and comfortable. We were able to call the front desk to arrange a shuttle to the pool area. It was a nice stay for the entire family, but kudos to Mariah for turning this into a trip which could have been much more disorganized.

1  Thank sussexlanni
Nenad I, Director of Rooms at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for all the issues you encountered while staying with us. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience since it allows us the opportunity to recognize our shortcomings and rectify them when we can.
I can definitely understand how frustrating it must have been to find out the morning of your arrival that you cabana was not available.

I made sure to recognize Mariah and I shared your comment with the whole hotel because it is a great example of how great recovery and exceptional customer service can make the difference under such circumstances.

Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything else that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I spent the New Year's Eve holiday here with my family (wife, and ten year old twins). It's nice property right on the lake. The water park is very nice, the property is well kept and the staff are very friendly. Every time a staff member walked by, I was greeted. Overall, I recommend the resort, but there were some problems. I would have given it a four out of five, but there were a couple of issues that I think could have been avoided. We did have to wait 90 minutes past check in time for our room to be ready, but the manager on duty apologized, provided a couple of free drink tickets, and discounted our stay. That was the right thing to do. We also did have to wait a particularly long time for food at the Beacon restaurant one night, maybe 30 minutes after ordering, and we had to send some food back for being cold. Our waitress was apologetic as was the restaurant manager, but nothing was done to be accommodating. They were not busy, so it was not an issue of being understaffed. We paid extra for the kids' New Year's Eve package. There were activities, a buffet dinner, a DJ with dancing and two balloon drops (early and late). It was worth it. In years past they allowed all guests' kids to attend the activities either free, or to sign up on site, but this year pre-registration was required. Consequently, it was pleasantly uncrowded. On a side note, It was brutally cold out and being right on the lake is a car battery killer. If in those conditions, start your vehicle regularly. I did not and suffered for it as did a half dozen others. The maintenance guy took care of me and jumped the car. Again, very friendly. Also, If staying there in cold weather, bring a bathrobe. It comes in handy when walking to and fro the waterpark. You have to walk past outside entrances and it is cold. If possible, get a room on the top floor. You'll sleep better not hearing people stomp around. Last thing, the heat in the rooms is odd. In order to get the main living space up to a decent temp you have to blast the heat, which makes the bedrooms really hot. We used the gas fireplace which helped a lot. If we had anyone sleeping on the pull-out couch, they would have froze, or had to get up every 30 mins to turn the fireplace back on. It's on a timer.

Room tip: Get a room on the top floor, if possible. You'll sleep better. Bring a bathrobe.
Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for all the issues you encountered while staying with us. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience since it gives us the opportunity to recognize our shortcomings and rectify them when we can.

I definitely understand your frustration with having to wait over 90 minutes for your room to be ready. I do believe that I was the Manager that you dealt with and I am glad that my recovery meant something to you. I will make sure to share your feedback with the Food and Beverage Manager so that they are aware of their shortcomings as well.

For the past two years we required to have pre-registration for the dinner part of the New Years Eve celebration. It is very difficult to plan and staff when you don't have the exact number of guests that are attending. However I am glad that overall it was a pleasant experience.
As I mentioned above reviews like yours are extremely valuable to us since they allow us to know where we can improve, but I also feel like your review is very useful for our future guests. Thank you for that. We sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything else I can do to further assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.