1,049 results
All reviewswater parkbedroom villaoutdoor poollazy riverbeacon restaurantlake michiganmini golfice creamlife guardsbunk bedssnack barolder kidsfamily suiteaquarium roomall agesgift shopboathouse room
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I spent the New Year's Eve holiday here with my family (wife, and ten year old twins). It's nice property right on the lake. The water park is very nice, the property is well kept and the staff are very friendly. Every time a staff member walked by, I was greeted. Overall, I recommend the resort, but there were some problems. I would have given it a four out of five, but there were a couple of issues that I think could have been avoided. We did have to wait 90 minutes past check in time for our room to be ready, but the manager on duty apologized, provided a couple of free drink tickets, and discounted our stay. That was the right thing to do. We also did have to wait a particularly long time for food at the Beacon restaurant one night, maybe 30 minutes after ordering, and we had to send some food back for being cold. Our waitress was apologetic as was the restaurant manager, but nothing was done to be accommodating. They were not busy, so it was not an issue of being understaffed. We paid extra for the kids' New Year's Eve package. There were activities, a buffet dinner, a DJ with dancing and two balloon drops (early and late). It was worth it. In years past they allowed all guests' kids to attend the activities either free, or to sign up on site, but this year pre-registration was required. Consequently, it was pleasantly uncrowded. On a side note, It was brutally cold out and being right on the lake is a car battery killer. If in those conditions, start your vehicle regularly. I did not and suffered for it as did a half dozen others. The maintenance guy took care of me and jumped the car. Again, very friendly. Also, If staying there in cold weather, bring a bathrobe. It comes in handy when walking to and fro the waterpark. You have to walk past outside entrances and it is cold. If possible, get a room on the top floor. You'll sleep better not hearing people stomp around. Last thing, the heat in the rooms is odd. In order to get the main living space up to a decent temp you have to blast the heat, which makes the bedrooms really hot. We used the gas fireplace which helped a lot. If we had anyone sleeping on the pull-out couch, they would have froze, or had to get up every 30 mins to turn the fireplace back on. It's on a timer.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, if possible. You'll sleep better. Bring a bathrobe.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Nenad I, Director of Rooms at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for all the issues you encountered while staying with us. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience since it gives us the opportunity to recognize our shortcomings and rectify them when we can.

I definitely understand your frustration with having to wait over 90 minutes for your room to be ready. I do believe that I was the Manager that you dealt with and I am glad that my recovery meant something to you. I will make sure to share your feedback with the Food and Beverage Manager so that they are aware of their shortcomings as well.

For the past two years we required to have pre-registration for the dinner part of the New Years Eve celebration. It is very difficult to plan and staff when you don't have the exact number of guests that are attending. However I am glad that overall it was a pleasant experience.
As I mentioned above reviews like yours are extremely valuable to us since they allow us to know where we can improve, but I also feel like your review is very useful for our future guests. Thank you for that. We sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything else I can do to further assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We celebrated Christmas after Christmas! But it still felt like it was Dec 25 with all of the lovely decorations. My husband and I had a lake view room. Our son and daughter each had a boathouse room for their families. My sister shared a loft room with her daughter and her friends. All of the rooms were wonderful! (The kids especially loved the bunk beds, and having their own space). We were happy to escape the winter weather and play in the waterpark, which was SO much fun for everyone! This was our 2nd Christmas at Blue Harbor. After visiting last year, our 3 grandchildren begged to do it again! The ONLY thing we did not like was how cold the hallways were - we froze going to and from the waterpark. Otherwise, everything was perfect. We will probably be back again next year - the special holiday rates were great.

Greetings Walter,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am glad that you and the kids had a good time during the Christmas break.
I totally understand your frustration with how cold the hallways are on the first floor. You are a 100% right, I work here and I definitely feel the difference on the third floor. However with the entrances being on that floor and people coming in and out it is very hard to control that.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year. If there is anything else that I can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Was in Sheboygan for a youth Hockey Tournament and had the pleasure of staying at Blue Harbor resort. Very rarely if ever do i rate anything at 100 % because there is always room for improvement. Blue Harbor has changed my viewpoint.....if they can keep doing what they are doing.....they will maintain my 10 out of 10 rating. Extremely clean,friendly and convenient ! Look forward to checking it out in the warm summer months !(for some reason i can not rate the “service”,”sleep quality” nor “location” on this site....so i wanted to make it well know i give 5 5out of 5 stars for each category !

Room Tip: Lakeside views must be gorgeous , due to last minute booking there were not any available.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Greetings Jon-David,

On behalf of the whole team here at Blue Harbor I would like to thank you for such a wonderful review.
I don't think that I have ever come across a review where everything was perfect and there wasn't any room for improvement.

I am glad that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything else I can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

While staying here in January, it snowed. Magical. There were deer prints outside my window in the morning. Not much chance to enjoy the property as you can just guess, the days were full of meetings, but the room was cozy and with a fireplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Lake Michigan, on second floor if possible.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We stayed as a large family in a two queen family fireplace room with a lake view. The view of the lake was spectacular. The rate was incredible- used the Santa Special coupon. The waterpark was not too crowded and the kids had a great time. Love the Christmas & Holiday decorations. The room was really clean and the staff were very friendly... plus I liked the inhotel Starbucks for coffee before leaving. No need to run out for coffee. Wonderful holiday family treat--- first time I had all my five kids for Christmas in six years. And Blue Harbor exceeded.
Also the desk clerk gave my adult Marine Veteran son a waterpark pass for free- instead of making us pay extra because we exceeded the passes that came with the room. Thank you Blue Harbor!

Room Tip: Lake View rooms are very nice- the sunset & sunrise over Lake Michigan is beautiful.