“Fantastic service, beautiful setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedaroma Lodge

Cedaroma Lodge
Windy City
“Fantastic service, beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

My family and I stayed at Cedaroma Lodge for a few days this summer. It was my first time back to the North Woods since I was a child. I wanted my children to have a cabin experience as I had when I was young.

The positive -- the staff was amazing. It's actually run by Black Bear Lodge, but their staff are always available by phone and are close by. Every question I had before I came was answered quickly and accurately. The can-do attitude of everyone on the staff is a rarety these days -- I have traveled to 40+ countries, so I know whereof I speak. They helped me with everything from getting my car-top carrier closed to coming over to check out a suspicious vehicle that had been in idling outside our cabin. Way above and beyond. The grounds of both Black Bear and Cedaroma were lovely, although I preferred Black Bear -- just a personal preference. The lake was clean and clear. The cabins were spotless. We couldn't stay a week, but they were flexible with their dates -- unlike many resorts in the area. Really, they bent over backwards to meet our every need.

The downside -- we stayed in Cedaroma cabin #8, and although the Web site lets you know that it is not on the lake and closer to the Cedaroma entrance, what it does not say is that it is on the main road. It felt a little more like a roadside hotel than a lake cabin. That said, it was well insulated, and we could not hear the traffic with the windows closed. The cabin was not air conditioned, and therefore the second floor was like a furnace when it was hot out, although there were many floor fans available. There is no "office" at Cedaroma -- you have to drive to or call Black Bear Lodge. Not a huge deal, as they were very responsive.

Thank you to the staff for your extraordinary service. Would we return? Yes, but I'd like to stay at the Black Bear Lodge next time!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Germain
1.6 km away
Black Bear Lodge
Black Bear Lodge
#1 of 5 in Saint Germain

Been to Cedaroma Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK