“Worst visit ever”
Review of Camp 28

Camp 28
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rib Lake
Camp 28
Ranked #1 of 1 Rib Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2017

In October 2017 we spent our third weekend here for the year. We were there in may we were there in May and July and had absolutely no issues everything was fantastic. The bar was great the food was great the accommodations were perfect. We went October 7th stayed two nights visiting some friends that we have in the area. We left our room on Saturday morning to see our friends, spent the day & came back at 2pm in the afternoon. We found our beds sloppily made, a cup on the bathroom sink still had toothpaste on it that had been used that morning and not replaced. The only thing that had been done was fresh towels and garbage removed. On Sunday morning when we checked out I brought it to the manager's attention who pretty much Shrugged It Off as he had been the one that went through our room and took out the garbage and flipped the beds together because he was in a hurry to get home. He was also telling us that he was too busy trying to figure out what was wrong with his chicken Broaster from the night before that had broke it while he had a party upstairs. I thought possibly he would comp our breakfast of $16 because we at least spoke to him and told him of the problem however he did not he Shrugged it off and acted like we are money was just as good as anybody else's and he didn't care that he took it. Also when we were there in May and July we paid $132.60 for two nights both being Fridays and Saturdays when we stayed in October we stayed a Friday and Saturday night and were charged $152.60. With no explanation of why the price was higher. This is a very small town with minimal to no tourism so why they felt the need to increase the rate $30 when there was no events going on in the town whatsoever is beyond me. I was not going to write a review because we like going to this place but when I got absolutely no response from the manager whatsoever I felt it was time to bring it to a review on TripAdvisor. Funny thing also the hotel and the bar have WiFi availability but the restaurant does not and the restaurant of joins the bar.

Room Tip: There are minimal handicap available rooms all the rest involve stairs as well as there is a handica...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

First, the owners seem to be the most kind, and welcoming people. The restaurant attached to the motel is a wonderful gem. The food is very good, and the staff extremely friendly.
When I called to make a reservation for the motel they treated me with kindess, and respect. Very willing to please their guests. On check in the owner made us feel comfortable, and made us smile. The outside of the place is so rustic, and I loved being directly across from Rib Lake. The view was tremendous. Our room was on the first floor, and we just loved there is a huge porch attached to all the rooms.
Our room was clean, and a bit outdated. The room was extremely cold, because no heat was on, and sadly it took a few hours to warm up. The toilet seat did not fit very well on the base so a little uncomfortable. The shampoo bottle left for us sadly had been already used. The beds are very uncomfortable and the bedding is stained with I believe iron stains from hard water maybe. However, all the bedding appeared to be laundered. The mattress is severely stained. The Internet works very well, however the choices of tv stations are poor. I did not mind not having much on tv, because I was able to use the Internet to watch Netflix.
I would love this place if they just updated the beds, and bedding. I did not mind the older look, because as I stated things are clean. Plz beware if you do have a back problem; you will not sleep much.
To the owners, plz spend a little on new beds, and bedding. By doing this you would have a 5 star place people would love to stay at. In fact, I would pay more for the room had these few things been changed.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We had close to 40 stop in on a bike ride and the two bartenders where very quick in getting our drink orders. Food orders came very fast and the burgers are great. You must try the Frankenstien burger!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2014

It has been awhile since my spouse and I have been to Camp 28 to eat. The last owners just didn't seem to care anymore about the quality of the food. Well, that has all changed. We went for the Friday night seafood buffet and it was fantastic. We recognized the chef from a previous restaurant and were so happy to see that he is now back in the area. He cares about what he is serving and it shows. We also met the new manager when he circulated the room to see how people were enjoying their meal. This was a first for this restaurant. We will definitely recommend this to friends. I have a feeling that the new owners are here to stay.
The only downside was that the wine pour was about half of what it used to be, but that won't deter us from returning.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 20 October 2014

The business has new managers as of Sept. They and the staff are very accomodating and friendly. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the lake across the highway. It was very clean. They have wi-fi in the rooms. The only con is the TV which is not the managers fault. The owner is a member of Nascar and I would think with the money he must make he could afford to install a satelite dish. Overall this is a very nice place to stay. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area for an overnight.

Room Tip: Request an upper room in the front of the building for the view. Don't plan on watching TV.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lovestravelWi

Been to Camp 28? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK