“Has many pro's and just a few con's”
Review of Camp 28

Camp 28
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rib Lake
Camp 28
Ranked #1 of 1 Rib Lake B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

First, the owners seem to be the most kind, and welcoming people. The restaurant attached to the motel is a wonderful gem. The food is very good, and the staff extremely friendly.
When I called to make a reservation for the motel they treated me with kindess, and respect. Very willing to please their guests. On check in the owner made us feel comfortable, and made us smile. The outside of the place is so rustic, and I loved being directly across from Rib Lake. The view was tremendous. Our room was on the first floor, and we just loved there is a huge porch attached to all the rooms.
Our room was clean, and a bit outdated. The room was extremely cold, because no heat was on, and sadly it took a few hours to warm up. The toilet seat did not fit very well on the base so a little uncomfortable. The shampoo bottle left for us sadly had been already used. The beds are very uncomfortable and the bedding is stained with I believe iron stains from hard water maybe. However, all the bedding appeared to be laundered. The mattress is severely stained. The Internet works very well, however the choices of tv stations are poor. I did not mind not having much on tv, because I was able to use the Internet to watch Netflix.
I would love this place if they just updated the beds, and bedding. I did not mind the older look, because as I stated things are clean. Plz beware if you do have a back problem; you will not sleep much.
To the owners, plz spend a little on new beds, and bedding. By doing this you would have a 5 star place people would love to stay at. In fact, I would pay more for the room had these few things been changed.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth S

Reviewed 28 August 2015

We had close to 40 stop in on a bike ride and the two bartenders where very quick in getting our drink orders. Food orders came very fast and the burgers are great. You must try the Frankenstien burger!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2014

It has been awhile since my spouse and I have been to Camp 28 to eat. The last owners just didn't seem to care anymore about the quality of the food. Well, that has all changed. We went for the Friday night seafood buffet and it was fantastic. We recognized the chef from a previous restaurant and were so happy to see that he is now back in the area. He cares about what he is serving and it shows. We also met the new manager when he circulated the room to see how people were enjoying their meal. This was a first for this restaurant. We will definitely recommend this to friends. I have a feeling that the new owners are here to stay.
The only downside was that the wine pour was about half of what it used to be, but that won't deter us from returning.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 20 October 2014

The business has new managers as of Sept. They and the staff are very accomodating and friendly. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the lake across the highway. It was very clean. They have wi-fi in the rooms. The only con is the TV which is not the managers fault. The owner is a member of Nascar and I would think with the money he must make he could afford to install a satelite dish. Overall this is a very nice place to stay. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area for an overnight.

Room Tip: Request an upper room in the front of the building for the view. Don't plan on watching TV.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lovestravelWi
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Camp 28 as part of a group. Our snowmobile club did it's annual ride from Rib Lake this year. The staff in the bar and restaurant was very helpful and welcoming. They were willing to do whatever they could to accommodate us. They were good about seating our large group (17) in the restaurant and letting us use the banquet facilities for playing cards, etc. The food was standard and no complaints. Breakfast was good and served timely.

The rooms are basic. There are old TV's in the rooms with just a converter box. We were only able to get one PBS channel in our room. The bar has satellite TV. There are no hair dryers.

The beds were so-so. If you have back issues these beds are not going to be comfortable. What really bothered me though was the tub area was not clean. There was hair everywhere. There was still a mark where the soap had previously sat. When I turned on the water a clump of hair floated out. And even more gross (yes it gets worse) was something on the wall of the shower that I choose to believe was shampoo or conditioner. Now, I probably would not have put all this into a review on trip advisor since I hate to hurt a business that probably doesn't have much of a profit margin, but, I emailed to Camp 28 to tell them about the problem with the shower/tub and that virtually everyone in our group had the same problem with hair in the shower/tub and felt like it was dirty. I wanted to give the management an opportunity to acknowledge and correct the situation, but there was no acknowledgement what so ever of the problem. I don't want to tell people to absolutely not stay here because it is a pretty setting over the lake and the people that we dealt with did work hard to please. I would recommend that before staying here I would ask to check the room being assigned and verify that it is clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view. Ask to see the room before committing to stay. Especially check t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pat S

Been to Camp 28? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK